Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Will a NH-NJ Brown Davis 60L sub tank fit an NL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

Will a NH-NJ Brown Davis 60L sub tank fit an NL?

Does anyone know if a Brown Davis 60L sub tank (part no MPLA6) will fit my NL?
    The tank is second hand and has been advertised to fit a NH-NJ Pajero.
    Thanks
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
  • King Of Sideways
    • Jul 2008
    • Bundaberg Australia

G'day mate im sure it proably would as the under part of the car wasnt changed that much and if it's not a straight bolt in job i cant see it being that hard to make it fit lol

Cheers Longy
    SOLD NJ 1995 GLS 3.5lt 5 spd 210,000km- 150lt long range fuel tank, 32" Maxxis Bighorn Muddies, Custom painted black&White Patrol offset Sunnies, cat back exhaust system 2.5" up front 2 1/4" at the back, Ironman 2" lift all round, aftermarket steering wheel, and head unit , auxiliary battery housing.

Comment

• Mad Mac
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2007
      • Australia

Originally posted by King Of Sideways View Post
      G'day mate im sure it proably would as the under part of the car wasnt changed that much and if it's not a straight bolt in job i cant see it being that hard to make it fit lol

Cheers Longy
      x2. It should fit. I believe they bolt to the actual body, not the chassy rails, so you should also be able to take advantage of the factory body lift in the NL. Cause they tend to hit everyrock if you take it off road.

Shane

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

King of Sideways and Mad Mac, thanks for they replys.

The only thing I can think of that is different between the NH-NJ and NL models is that the NL has factory fitted side steps.

I wonder is the side step brackets would cause a problem (I'm short and I need the side steps to get my son into his car seat)
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• King Of Sideways
          • Jul 2008
          • Bundaberg Australia

No worries mate where all here for the love of our cars and seeing this great land in which we live so anything i can help with is great

With the sidesteps i couldn't see them having a big part of where this tank is going to bolt onto as i have just one large long range tank im not sure of where the AUX tanks bolt to but hey i could be wrong i would see if you can either get pictures or it or see it in real life see where the brackets are and then get under you car and see where you think it would bolt to then yeah see how you go

Hope i have helped Cheers Longy
          SOLD NJ 1995 GLS 3.5lt 5 spd 210,000km- 150lt long range fuel tank, 32" Maxxis Bighorn Muddies, Custom painted black&White Patrol offset Sunnies, cat back exhaust system 2.5" up front 2 1/4" at the back, Ironman 2" lift all round, aftermarket steering wheel, and head unit , auxiliary battery housing.

Comment

• Rusty
            • Jun 2007
            • Victoria, Australia

Ring Brown Davis and ask them. That is what I did when Knox Mitsu told me the NM tank would not fit the NS due to structural changes. BD quoted me $900 to change it over, we did it for a few hours work. So maybe yours is the same??
            Rusty
            2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
            Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
            2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

• geopaj
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Adelaide

I had a good look under the Paj last night. I don't think that the side steps will be an issue.

Rusty, I contacted Brown Davis. The lady told me that an NL tank has a different part number (which could mean that the NL thank is bigger to take advantage of the body lift or the Nh-NJ tank wont fit - anyone's guess??)

I'm going to have a look at a mates NH tomorrow night an compare it to mine. I'll then post an update.
              Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• geopaj
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Adelaide

As Mad Mac said the aux tank attaches to the floor.

I had a look at my mate's car last night. The area on his NH where the tank fits appears to be identical to mine (NL).

Thanks everyone!
                Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• Barneymutt
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2007
                  • Regents Park. Qld

So GeoPaj, did you get the tank?
                  I was watching it but got a bit too much for me in the end.

Comment

• geopaj
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Adelaide

Barneymutt, yeah I got the one on Ebay
                    Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• martin7
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • High Wycombe W.A.

these tanks only vary between coil and leaf spring rear ends so coil to coil or leaf to leaf is ok. yes they bolt to the floor and are easy to fit. fitting requires removing the protective plate arround the weight brake(left hand side of car in front of diff). also make sure you get the modified filler neck with the tank as well. also on fitting a good idea to replace all the hoses and fit new ones. to fit the tank remove the carpet between the front and rear seat on the passangers side to avoid drilling holes in it. actually its a good idea to remove the middle row seat and the steel plate that has the 2 little areas underneath(where your jack is). once you've done that raise the car and place on stands and remove rear tail shaft. now sit tank in place and hold in place with the jack. sit the tailshaft back into place and check clearance (you may need to move your fuel filter out of the way to get the tank in but it will fit back onto its mount once the tanks fitted). if all good start drilling holes through the floor use a 11mm drill bit and 10mm bolts. if the tank doesn't come with the mounting kit you will need to use 50mm steel plates on the inside to assist in carrying the weight of the full tank. now depending on weather or not this tank has internal or external pump will depend on weather you need to mount a fuel pump or not. most the tanks with internal pumps were for gas conversions. mine was external and the pump is mounted on the drivers side above the diff and pumps back into the main tank via the filler neck. if it runs an internal pump it will be the same as your current pump just wire it to a seperate switch and tee into the rubber hose coming from the orignal tank to the filter.
                      hope this helps a bit Cheers Murray
                      95 NJ PAJERO 3.0LT V6, AUTO, MAN HUBS, ECB bullbar, WARN 9000lb WINCH, dual long range tanks (205lts), Airtec snorkel, K&N air filter, rotronics dual battery system, GME tx4400 uhf, rated recovery points on all 4 corners, GQ rear coils

Comment

• geopaj
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Adelaide

Martin7,
                        Thank you for your very detailed discription.
                        Do you still have the original fitting instructions?
                        Would you mind posting a couple of photos? I am particularily interested in where the tank mounts to the floor, the fuel pump, and the filler neck (including where sub tank connects to the main tank).
                        Live yours, the one I've bought has an external pump.
                        Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• martin7
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • High Wycombe W.A.

mate there is a couple of photo's in the photo section under "pajero no.3 95 nj 1 owner" it was on page 4 at the time of posting this reply it shows the location of the tank but no pics of actual mounting points. i have no installation instructions as i removed the tank from my old pajero and fitted it to my current one. could take more pics if your interested but wouldn't be for a couple of weeks were in the middle of moving. cheers murray
                          95 NJ PAJERO 3.0LT V6, AUTO, MAN HUBS, ECB bullbar, WARN 9000lb WINCH, dual long range tanks (205lts), Airtec snorkel, K&N air filter, rotronics dual battery system, GME tx4400 uhf, rated recovery points on all 4 corners, GQ rear coils

Comment

• geopaj
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • Adelaide

Martin7, thanks for the offer but I'm hoping to install the tank in the next couple of weeks.

I'll let you know how I go.
                            Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• geopaj
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007
                              • Adelaide

Thank you to everyone that helped me with this.

I successfully installed the sub tank on the weekend.

It fitted perfectly!
                              Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X