• Show
Clear All
  • NTX
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2010
    • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Cleaning between front passenger seats!

Evening all,

I have an NT short and have never been able to clean between my front seats and the console. Thats 5 years worth of crud sitting down there, out of reach of any vacuum cleaner attachment! Any suggestions short of removing the seats? Drivers side is electric, so has very limited movement forward/backwards.

Matt.
    2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.
  • Rovingman
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2014
    • Blue mountains

Why not try a detailer?
    Or make a fitting using plumbers pipe going thin to an end.
    Pajero NT RX 2011
    Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
    LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• P4J3R0
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Brisbane

2 nuts in the front and 2 bolts in the rear for each seat.

I have heated electric seats with airbags and there is 2 plugs under each seat.

Takes all of 5 min to remove them.
      NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• paulq00
        • Dec 2013
        • Brisbane

A compressor to blow it out, then vacuum!
        2000 NM GLS Pajero Silver - gone
        2014 NW VRX Pajero cool silver- gone
        2021 NX Exceed Pajero Titanium

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2012
          • Maitland, NSW

Buy a crevic vacuum attachment. Usually find them on ebay and vacuum stores etc for under $20 and can get them in different lengths.
          97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
          97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• 02-SR5
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2010
            • Toowoomba

Best way is to remove the front seats unfortunately.

However, it is the best way, especially if you have kids and all there rubbish.

I pull mine out once a year.
            MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• NTX
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2010
              • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I thought it would be a huge job to take the seats out? I will have a look see for the attachment as well.

Cheers,

Matt.
              2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• m_and_m
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2010
                • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by NTX View Post
                Thanks for all your suggestions. I thought it would be a huge job to take the seats out? I will have a look see for the attachment as well.

Cheers,

Matt.
                X3 for removing seats. i have done it before and is very quick and easy. Just remember to disconnect the electrical connectors. Physically removing the seat from the car is a PITA due to shape and weight. Once the 4 bolts are removed, just push the whole seat backwards and you'll have access.
                2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• shawty950
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Brisbane

Just remember...

If the seat has airbags, and you do not disconnect the battery, DO NOT turn the ignition on (accessories for the radio is fine) while the airbag electrical connections are disconnected.

The car goes thru a boot up cycle and with the seats disconnected sets the Airbag warning light....which can only be reset by the Mutt...usually a trip to the MM dealer and all that entails.

Shawty
                  SOLD at 150k's - 2011 NT Platinum Diesel auto. Wheels and tyres, cav filter, caddy storage/ausguard barrier and icom IC-440N. NoLimit Tuning Chip. T13 Bullbar. Other stuff when money allows.

NOW - 2016 MQ Triton Exceed - All the TJM fruit re barwork, MCA Gold shocks and Parabolic rear leafs, TJM canopy, twin diff locks OEM rear and Harrop front, breathers, rhinorack, eco foxwing

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2000
                    • Tasmania

I use one of theme air guns with a long nose.

But as discussed the best way is to remove the seats alltogether for a good clean out.
                    NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
                    NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X