• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doublecheese
    • Dec 2007
    • Istanbul

Hi Guys

Had my Pajero Foil wrapped in August, but only now I have the chance to post how it went..

I think the result is NOT bad. Now I kinda like my Paj more than I used to like.

I have also ordered the ARB , Old Man Emu Lift & Suspension kit and it is on the way..... And then all I need is 4 x BF GoodRich A/T tires.....

This is what it looked like before

This is now:

Last edited by doublecheese; 25-11-14, 10:19 PM.
    VOLVO XC90 T6 2003
    MITSUBISHI PAJERO 3.2 DiD LWB 2008

Comment

• Alex86
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Here and there

I kinda like how that looks, nice job. It definitely stands out.

What's that stuff like for attracting/holding dirt, and subsequently cleaning it? What about durability and fixing scratches etc?
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
      Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• doublecheese
        • Dec 2007
        • Istanbul

Thanks

There are various types of foils and the main rule here is to go with the best brand. I t is more expensive but it will last more and will NOT fade colour due to sun and bad weather.

I used the colour MILITARY MATTE GREEN from 3M and this is actually quite a strong foil and the colour will not fade and it will stay matte all the time.

Regarding the scratches, if you drive inside the bushes they will start ripping off but it is easy and quick to replace them . I have seen cheaper brands fading the colour and prone to scratches much easier.

In the new Pajero, if you foil wrap it , there might be some air bubbles on the spare wheel just under the licence plate. We found a solution for this, instead of making it one piece, the cut a incision line and then all the air bubble are gone forever. And the incision can't be seen by eye easily.

I totally recommend it if you want to love your car even more
        Last edited by doublecheese; 26-11-14, 12:08 AM.
        VOLVO XC90 T6 2003

Comment

• grhyso
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2012
          • Perth

I'm not a massive fan of military green on a Pajero, but good on you for doing something different. I think it'd look cool on a jeep wrangler or LR Defender.

Did you paint of "plasti-dip" your wheels? I think if you get the sidesteps the same colour as the wheels it'll all tie in a little more, or will you be replacing them with sliders soon so not to worry?
          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Goodsy
            Who ya gunna call....
            • Dec 2010
            • Hervey Bay

Don't know why but I love it. Nice job.
            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• doublecheese
              • Dec 2007
              • Istanbul

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
              I'm not a massive fan of military green on a Pajero, but good on you for doing something different. I think it'd look cool on a jeep wrangler or LR Defender.

Did you paint of "plasti-dip" your wheels? I think if you get the sidesteps the same colour as the wheels it'll all tie in a little more, or will you be replacing them with sliders soon so not to worry?
              The wheels are just matte black powder coating. I didn't know about plasti-dipping by then...

The sidesteps will stay there as I am a hunter and I make people stand on them for short distances at the mountains when the PJ is full or when the guys are muddy

There are other Grey parts, so I don't know if I should leave it as it is or making all grey colours into black..
              VOLVO XC90 T6 2003

Comment

• Goodsy
                Who ya gunna call....
                • Dec 2010
                • Hervey Bay

A black front grill would look asssume. Side steps really look output of place.
                Pastidip black??
                NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Goodsy
                  Who ya gunna call....
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Hervey Bay

I'll do mine first for a look if you like? Have product and a PJ.
                  Smoked headlights?
                  NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Herman4x4
                    Valued Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • Melton, Victoria

I like the look.
                    Cheers,
                    Andrew.
                    Cheers,
                    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• doublecheese
                      • Dec 2007
                      • Istanbul

Front Grill, wow how come I never thought of this. It would look awesome in black for sure. Go for it

Is Plasti-dipping easy ? Can I do it myself ?

Smoked headlights, if this is what I think it is, the police will be writing tickets all the time here We follow E.U traffic laws and they are strict.
                      VOLVO XC90 T6 2003

Comment

• doublecheese
                        • Dec 2007
                        • Istanbul

Originally posted by Herman4x4 View Post
                        I like the look.
                        Cheers,
                        Andrew.
                        This will be my next foil wrap when matte green is out of order...

VOLVO XC90 T6 2003

Comment

• wasarangie
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2010
                          • Ocean Grove

Tint-A-Car do wrapping. I have seen carbon fibre look, black and silver. Actually looks fairly good. When the new Cruiser turns up I am seriously considering the option.
                          SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• grhyso
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Perth

Originally posted by doublecheese View Post
                            Front Grill, wow how come I never thought of this. It would look awesome in black for sure. Go for it

Is Plasti-dipping easy ? Can I do it myself ?

Smoked headlights, if this is what I think it is, the police will be writing tickets all the time here We follow E.U traffic laws and they are strict.
                            Plasti-dip is sprayed on like spray paint but can be peeled off at a later date. Armour All do a version called custom shield also.

I reckon plastidip or paint the sidesteps and the grill and it'll tie in well with the roof rails, wheels, front and rear bumper grey plastic sections, spare wheel surround and how the Paj comes with black trimming around the windows. The front and rear headlights match so if they're strict I'd leave them.
                            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Rich0
                              • Dec 2011
                              • Sydney, South

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                              Don't know why but I love it. Nice job.
                              Same here! I reckon matte black would look tough as nails. But that would have to be the absolute last thing I think of.
                              2002 NM GLS 3.2 DiD Manual
                              My build thread on the to do list

Comment

• doublecheese
                                • Dec 2007
                                • Istanbul

The reason I choose green is, I am a hunter and I hunt at the mountains where the main colour is green

VOLVO XC90 T6 2003

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X