• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hookedon4wding
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Mornington Peninsula, VIC

Brown Davis Update

Hi all, just thought I'd let you know I had a long chat with David Brown from Brown Davis this afternoon regarding our group order. He was very apologetic about the service some of us received and ensures me that they are working on this side of things.

I sent my intercooler guard back to be modified to fit my front bumper and he has informed me that they have actually made some further improvements to the design of the intercooler guard after receiving some feedback on the original design. They have allowed a greater tolerance on the cutouts for the tow points as well as allowing a bit more clearance for larger wheels and a few other slight mods. I'll be getting the first of the new design (they made a brand spanker for me rather than modifying the other one) so I'll let you guys know of the improvements.

David is more than happy to investigate making a guard for the rear seat cavity (I know some people were interested). He would need a car for a couple of days and thought the cost would be similar to the intercooler guard $250ish or maybe even a little bit cheaper. We'd need at least 6 interested parties to make it cost effective. Food for thought.

He's also pretty sure they've already done some rock sliders for the NS Paj. Made from the same stuff they do their roll cages from. Off the top of his head he thought about $800 for anyone who's interested.

They're a bit embarrassed about the little issues we've all had (like not long enough bolts) and David is keen for you to bring these up with him directly so he can ensure they're rectified.

I've got to say, David was VERY helpful on the phone today. A good result!

Cheers, Sam.
    2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.
  • Esteban
    • Jul 2007
    • Sydney NSW

Glad to here you have had some satisfaction with Brown & Davis. My intercooler bashplate is still sitting in my garage collecting dust. Did David Brown indicate he would rectify all the other remaining bashplates with this problem. Noting I am interstate I hope this good faith he has given you will extend to the rest of us, even us long distance customers.
    2007 NS SWB Pajero R DID, Rear Locker, BFG 265/70/17 T/A KO's, Towbar, B&D Bashplates, LRA AUX Fuel Tank, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm lift,
    Dual Battery, ORS Fridge Pack 1,Fully Dynamatted, Bushskinz Sliders,ARB Deluxe Bar,Safari Snorkel, Chipit module, EGT Kit, DPF Delete, DPF SIM, Winch,Torque Converter Lockup, EGR fully sorted

2006 Landcruiser HDJ100

Comment

• Hookedon4wding
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Mornington Peninsula, VIC

Originally posted by Esteban View Post
      Glad to here you have had some satisfaction with Brown & Davis. My intercooler bashplate is still sitting in my garage collecting dust. Did David Brown indicate he would rectify all the other remaining bashplates with this problem. Noting I am interstate I hope this good faith he has given you will extend to the rest of us, even us long distance customers.
      Ring and speak to David Brown, not Kevin. He is a lot more helpful and understands they have stuffed us around a bit and is looking to rectify our problems.
      2010 150 Prado GXL V6 Auto

Accessories fitted: BFG At 275/65/R17, Rhino Platform Rack, Toyota Cargo Barrier.

Comment

• JoshF
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Brisbane

Brown Davis Parts in QLD

A reply from BD regarding a local supplier, hopefully that reduces any installation and freight issues

"Hi Josh,

Thank you for your email and inquiry with Brown Davis Automotive.

We do actually have a major distributor in QLD, namely Aftermart Wholesale.
        Please contact the good guys there directly for pricing direct from them as
        it is in their territory.

You can reach them on [email protected] .

Regards,

James Gruber"
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• Daniel Fo
          • Aug 2007
          • Berwick, VIC

How did you guys go getting Brown Davis to rectify those few problems that you found with the intercooler guard?

I initially found BD very helpful with getting all three plates fitted. However I discovered not long after fitting the transmission guard that the cutout for an exhaust flange is in the wrong place and the plate is now just touching the flange. As it's metal on metal it makes a screeching sound at certain revs (especially in reverse).

Anyway, the short of it is, 6 weeks ago I dropped into BD to get the thing fixed and they were very apologetic and said a new one would be ready in a few days and they'd replace it. Now 6 weeks later I still haven't had it fixed and everytime I call they say they're flat out and will have it done in a few days. I've spoken to Kevin, David Brown and now another guy Tim and still no luck. I feel like they are not interested at all and waiting till I get sick of calling so they don't have to fix it!

Mine is a SWB by the way and apparantly the exhasut flange is located slightly different to the LWB.

Anyone else with a SWB and BD bash plates had this problem? You may want to check that there is clearance betweeen the cutout and exhaust flange to ensure that it doesn't become a problem after a couple of of knocks underneath. If you look under the passenger side door you can see the cutout and if it's in the correct location.
          -------------
          2002 100 Series to suit the growing family

SOLD: 2007 NS DiD SWB - great little car

Comment

• Walker
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2007

I dont think it is a SWB problem. My exhaust flange hits and I have a LWB. It only just touches so I put some insulation between it so it is not metal on metal.
            I really couldnt be bothered going back and dealing with BD again.
            thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
            1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

• Daniel Fo
              • Aug 2007
              • Berwick, VIC

Fair enough. I'm leaning that way but I'd like to have it right...and personally a bit sick of companies forgetting about customer service as soon as the exchange of money has been done...
              -------------
              2002 100 Series to suit the growing family

SOLD: 2007 NS DiD SWB - great little car

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X