Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 14-12-19

Default battery disconnect - idle relearn?

Hi guys,
first time playing around with "electrics" on my Pajero and came across few post (here and on other mitsi forums) saying that when the battery is disconnected the ECU loses all the setting and a new idle relearn procedure is required.

How does this relearn procedure work? saw few post in the NP and NS sub forum but nothing for the NW model.

my previous cars did not have this issue so this completely new to me. Only problem was always and only the radio lol

cheers
Old 14-12-19
Valued Member

The car does the re-learn itself, for the engine & auto - nothing to worry about - OK to remove the battery lead if needed. It may take a short while to settle down afterwards & the auto may be a bit rough for the first few kms. The ASC light will stay on until you have driven a short distance. Important to have the front wheels set straight ahead when removing the battery lead.
Old 14-12-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by signo1985 View Post
Hi guys,
first time playing around with "electrics" on my Pajero and came across few post (here and on other mitsi forums) saying that when the battery is disconnected the ECU loses all the setting and a new idle relearn procedure is required.

How does this relearn procedure work? saw few post in the NP and NS sub forum but nothing for the NW model.

my previous cars did not have this issue so this completely new to me. Only problem was always and only the radio lol

cheers
I often disconnect my battery if the car is going to stand for over a week, apart from clock and loss of trip economy information, can notice any change in engine or transmission, the Traction stability stays in for about 1-2 k , then goes off. It doesn’t even loose radio stations ��
2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana
Old 14-12-19
Valued Member

I've disconnected mine a few times recently while fitting paddles and auto mate....can't say I've noticed any difference or any extra lights on the dash.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 14-12-19
Valued Member

Idle relean helps with shudders when turning on off the AC.

Also relearn needed for the ASC to set the straight position of the wheel, best for this is to drive straight a couple of hundred meters then the light will go off.
2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!
Old 1 Week Ago

Perfect cheers guys. I'll try it as soon as "daddy" gets an evening off lol