Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 05-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by paceman View Post
Awesome... thanks for the detailed response...

You donít happen to have the iPod cable part number? Just to be certain...

No worries, glad to be of assistance.

I dont have the part number of the cable, as it was a second hand purchase, and didnt come in the original packing. However, i have seen Mitsubishi dealers selling the ipod cable on eBay in the past. Cant search it up right now, as i am at work and for some reason ebay isnt allowed.
Old 05-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb29 View Post
No worries, glad to be of assistance.

I dont have the part number of the cable, as it was a second hand purchase, and didnt come in the original packing. However, i have seen Mitsubishi dealers selling the ipod cable on eBay in the past. Cant search it up right now, as i am at work and for some reason ebay isnt allowed.

No worries... the cable is just the 13 pin din to the 30 pin iPod connector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by paceman View Post
No worries... the cable is just the 13 pin din to the 30 pin iPod connector?
That's correct. It's not the lightning connector, to be certain.

This is the one, off a different forum.

Old 05-06-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb29 View Post
That's correct. It's not the lightning connector, to be certain.

This is the one, off a different forum.

this looks like the cable i need:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBIS...4/182500765683

and might give this bluetooth adaptor a go:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bluetoot...r/264319304988
Old 06-04-20

Hi guys,

Very interested to do this in my NT.

Would anyone be able to tell me where that ipod cable connects to the MMCS?
Old 05-07-20

My NW GLX-R 2013 can play iphone's music through BT directly, so I don't need this, right?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidontheblock View Post
Hi guys,

Very interested to do this in my NT.

Would anyone be able to tell me where that ipod cable connects to the MMCS?
Hi mate, the iPod cable connects to the back of the MMCS unit, provided your unit is iPod compatible. The BT transmitter then plugs into where the cable connects to the iPod. Do ask if you need further info.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

hi people,l use a sony walkman connected to my stereo{ NW pajero} l use that through din plugs in glove box that go to single headphone jack which connects to walkman. You can buy at jb hifi jaycar.Works perfect cord cost approx$15 from memory damn site cheaper than new head set.
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Bluetooth device in Glovebox

I have a 2012 Exceed so MMCS V1.

Mine came with the 3 RCA plugs in the glovebox so you can connect an aftermarket dvd player I assume? This is just a dealer fitted option you can do at any time, like a usb plug or ipod cable (but only the old 30 pin ones for the MMCS I believe). No idea why you would want the three pin RCA for a dvd player in the front when I have one in the rear in the roof in the Exceed?

I had a factory IPOD cable coming out of the glovebox, $113 as I had the invoice. It didn't work with any of the early ipods I had.

I bought a $15 ebay Bluetooth receiver with 2 rca plugs and power lead. While I had the dash apart to fit extra USB plugs and my hidden Uniden UHF, I wired the positive and negative to accessories. I plugged in the two rca plugs and it picks up my phone automatically. You can control volume but you can't change songs using the steering wheel or stereo controls but I have an iWatch and iPhone so you can tap to the next song on either without getting booked.

This is a pic of my setup:

The other cable in the pc goes out to a 3.5 mm plug in case the Bluetooth ever died and I want to plug an external ipod or phone in.

BTW, I now have a 10" Android tablet mounted in front of the passenger seat. My passenger was able to stream music and videos perfectly through bluetooth using the big screen which she loved.

I have the old school ipod bluetooth adaptor mentioned above, but I couldn't get it to work, same as the ipods. Maybe a crook genuine cable? At $113, I wasn't keen to buy another one just to see if it worked. Mine was only 18 months old.

I ended up burning a couple of cd's of my favourite songs as mp3's and they work fine. 150 songs per cd. They show up on the stereo telling me all the song info, I can switch through them with the steering wheel controls, and if i get sick of them I either change cd's or stream songs from my phone.

My range of music choices are fine, I couldn't be bothered spending $2500 to upgrade to a new Android system. That's what my local stereo shop quoted me because I have the full Rockford Fosgate system with a subwoofer. He said if it was the standard Pajero system, $1200, but in mine it was a lot of work and rewiring to make it all work and required an aftermarket amp to get the sub working.

I'll test out my ipod 30 pin/bluetooth adaptor again but I'm fairly sure it didn't work, maybe because of a crook factory cable? It works fine on a small stereo unit I have in the house and is powered through the 30 pin plug and does not need charging.