Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Product reviews and New releases

Product reviews and New releases Review of commercial products and latest accessories

Old 2 Weeks Ago

It recycles the water from around your feet?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Yes. Or you can just take from a bucket with no recirc - the pump is easily taken out of the base unit.

I have just added some barefeet anti slip tape to the base as it can get a bit sloppy with soap.

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Baintech powertop aux battery in cargo area (removable), Jaycar battery isolator, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

We recycle our shower water and have always had a probem collecting it all, even when using a collapsible tub to stand in. We usually set this up inside our joolca shower tent and I've tried jury rigging shower curtains etc to try and collect all of the water, but it always turned out to be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth. We heated the water via a Glind system, which is also a pain to use, as you need the engine running.

Finally I bit the bullet and bought the evershower, the first thing i did was ditched the piece of crap bilge pump it comes with and I now use my 11lpm shurlfo pump that I've set up in an old ARB compressor case so it's portable and compact. I've added a 40 micron mesh filter to that and use a stocking filter over the intake as well. I also bought a cheap ebay gas hotwater system that seems to work ok, it's called a devanti and cost me $150 bucks.

Now we can shower for as long as we like on 3 or 4 litres of water, which is a big bonus when on desert trips with a severe lack of water. I'm yet to test how the devanti unit performs in the wild with recycled hot water, but I'm heading off to Dirk Hartog Island at the end of august, so will test it then.
I've seen a few comments on various forums about recycling the dirty water, but I see it as no different to having a bath and we used to share the bath water back in the day The 40 Micron and stocking filter catch any large particles and I throw a bit of chlorine through the pump every now and then.

The evershower tent is an expensive solution to a problem thats bugged me for ages, but it does the job. We set up a Joolca double ensuite next to it if we are camped near others, other wise out comes the mankini and we let it all hang out!

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Oh dear lord, please no, not the mankini . The flashbacks were only just now receding......
BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni 90 front and Bilstein 6272 rear shocks with Lovell HD springs, Lightforce 170 Halogen driving lights, Brown Davis i/c and sump bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD oil catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwoffey View Post
Oh dear lord, please no, not the mankini . The flashbacks were only just now receding......
Bahahahaha!

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Thing is when camping you are alot more dirty than at home in the bath. maybe empty/flush after the first initial wash but that just sounds like to much work. I wanna be out & dry back to camping.
Thing looks way too small for 2 people...