• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charlie 4m40
    • Jul 2015
    • mackay

Will 33" tyres fit nk 2.8td paj

Is it possible to fit 33"×10.5×15 tyres on my nk 2.8td paj.
    Wheels 15×8 .neg22 .

Iv just fitted 2" lift . And correct me if im wrong ,4m40 has a 30mm body lift

From what iv researched, they should fit . Just mod mud flaps and remove steps if ya got them , i dont .

So it would be great to hear from the people who all ready have, so i can be set in the correct direction befor i order my new rubber .

Also whats you opinion .
    Fuel econimy changes
    Power loss
    Would you do it again.
    Ect. Tell us more . You are. the people who know

Thanks chapps. Any help would be great
  • Colinj
    • Sep 2012
    • South Australia

Hey, i have an nj 4m40t and i fitted 33x10.5x15 no problems on road, but it scrubbed off road, so i ended up doing a 2" body lift.
    Hope this helps
    NJ 94. 2.8 TD Intercooler 2" Bodylift gu springs torsion bars cranked
    33" BF Goodrich MT

Comment

• charlie 4m40
      • Jul 2015
      • mackay

Originally posted by Colinj View Post
      Hey, i have an nj 4m40t and i fitted 33x10.5x15 no problems on road, but it scrubbed off road, so i ended up doing a 2" body lift.
      Hope this helps
      What wheel off set have you got where dose it rub .

Comment

• Colinj
        • Sep 2012
        • South Australia

Not too sure what offset sorry, it scrubbed on the outer guard on the front
        33" BF Goodrich MT

Comment

• Paj man
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2010
          • Perth

My input:

Also whats you opinion .
          Fuel economy changes - probably 1.5L/100km for my car
          Power loss - a bit but the diesel ratio's should help
          Would you do it again - actually thinking of going back to 32's, technical driving and a front locker will get you a lot further off-road.
          Ect. Tell us more . You are. the people who know - what driving do you do mostly? Does it warrant 33's?
          1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• charlie 4m40
            • Jul 2015
            • mackay

Not too sure what offset sorry, it scrubbed on the outer guard on the front

I really wont to avoid body lift . All good info thanks Colin.

Comment

• charlie 4m40
              • Jul 2015
              • mackay

Originally posted by Paj man View Post
              My input:

Also whats you opinion .
              Fuel economy changes - probably 1.5L/100km for my car
              Power loss - a bit but the diesel ratio's should help
              Would you do it again - actually thinking of going back to 32's, technical driving and a front locker will get you a lot further off-road.
              Ect. Tell us more . You are. the people who know - what driving do you do mostly? Does it warrant 33's?
              No 1 really neads 33" but they look great. .

I would love to step up a size, for looks and clearance .
              If 32" fit without the boby lift ill be happy with that . But i dont wont to go for a wider tyre .

Will the wider tyre 11.5 , make much diference to fuel consumpion due to the extra rubber on the ground ,

So how do 32×11.5×15 sit on the paj with 2" lift.

Comment

• Colinj
                • Sep 2012
                • South Australia

The reason i went 33" is because of lifting your diff height which no other lift can so. I am no longer always the one on the end of the snatch strap in deep mudruts lol
                I did notice a fuel increase, i currently get approximately 15l/100km which for how high it is i am happy with. And for power i found i didn't notice too much.
                If you dont want to do a body lift i would stiick with the 32's
                33" BF Goodrich MT

Comment

• charlie 4m40
                  • Jul 2015
                  • mackay

The reason i went 33" is because of lifting your diff height which no other lift can so. I am no longer always the one on the end of the snatch strap in deep mudruts lol
                  I did notice a fuel increase, i currently get approximately 15l/100km which for how high it is i am happy with. And for power i found i didn't notice too much.
                  If you dont want to do a body lift i would stiick with the 32's
                  Sound like a fair compramise. 32" It is. Thanks for the help lads .

Comment

• Paj man
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • Perth

No one really needs 33's?? Maybe be one of the funniest things I have read on this forum.

33's will fit without body lift fyi - there are a number of guys on here who run them without.
                    1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• NJV6
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • New Zealand

33x10.5x15 fit on a std 3.5/2.8 with no lift and can use std rims. However there are only a few manufactures that make the narrow 33's.
                      1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
                      1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
                      2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Colinj
                        • Sep 2012
                        • South Australia

I fit my 33s and driving on road it was not a problem, i did a little light offroad with no problems, as soon as i did some fairly moderate undulating ruts i definitely kept scrubbing, this is when i decided to fit the bodylift. Now obviously i have no worries. I wish i knew about this forum years ago, because just now i reckon i could have avoided bodylift, it could have just been the different offset rims as i am unsure what mine are.
                        33" BF Goodrich MT

Comment

• charlie 4m40
                          • Jul 2015
                          • mackay

I need the 33×10.5×15. To fit whitout a body lift. And not rub on full lock and flex.

No point having bit tyres if there rubbing off road . This car is been set up to travel on the dirt so it needs to be fully useable .

Many differant opinions . Some say they fit . Some say they fit but then scrub .

Comment

• charlie 4m40
                            • Jul 2015
                            • mackay

Sorry lads misreading info . Head a little dead and tired.

Im using 15"×8 -22 wheels. So with removed flaps and steps . 2" lift , and a little extra torsion wind up . They will fit with no scrubbing.

Sorry for been repetitive . Dont wont to make the incorect tyre choice here need clarity . Wonld be an exspencive mistake if i get it wrong.

Comment

• krazykat
                              • Aug 2007
                              • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by charlie 4m40 View Post
                              I need the 33×10.5×15. To fit whitout a body lift. And not rub on full lock and flex.

No point having bit tyres if there rubbing off road . This car is been set up to travel on the dirt so it needs to be fully useable .

Many differant opinions . Some say they fit . Some say they fit but then scrub .
                              I have 255x85R16 (about 33.5") on 0 offset GU steel rims on non-flare NL body (1" factory body lift) and there's no rubbing even with sway bars disconnected.
                              1998 NL 2.8TD, GLX, manual, 255/85R16 BFG KM2s, custom rock sliders, custom winch bar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X