• Show
Clear All
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

What are everyone's thoughts?

DIY and Please Explains topic

I think It's a great idea and have used it already!

What about the rest of you guys?
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.
  • steveandviv
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Broome

I wouldn't mind if the post was the actual information rather than a link to another thread.

But that's just me.
    2000 NM Paj - 2.5 Inch Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS Screen - Garmin GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Polly Bags - Front ARB Locker - 50&60ltr Waeco....http://www.steveandviv.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Originally posted by steveandviv View Post
      I wouldn't mind if the post was the actual information rather than a link to another thread.

But that's just me.
      Gus and I had a talk about this today, we want to get a few more posts in there so then we can do it all in one hit!
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• steveandviv
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • Broome

Thanks Dave. Gus gave me a heads up and sorry for being a grump...

Back in my box
        2000 NM Paj - 2.5 Inch Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS Screen - Garmin GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Polly Bags - Front ARB Locker - 50&60ltr Waeco....http://www.steveandviv.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

All good Steve. I wouldn't be happy either being a westerner and watching the Mighty Bombers get over the line last night
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• steveandviv
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2008
            • Broome

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
            All good Steve. I wouldn't be happy either being a westerner and watching the Mighty Bombers get over the line last night
            Dave
            Ha HA - your funny mate. Lucky for me I still only care about Union. Never watched a game of 'running around like mad with no rules footy'

Comment

• mmannion
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2008
              • Birth place of QLD

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
              DIY and Please Explains topic

I think It's a great idea and have used it already!

What about the rest of you guys?
              Yep gotta be better having it all in the one forum IMO
              02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• GHendo
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Northern NSW

I think the basic idea behind this is great and as you can see I've started by listing a whole heap of things I'd been keeping a note of myself since I joined. However, having worked with databases and information systems for many years, you need to realised the key to finding this information is to have sort of order, consistency and most importantly an indexing system.

If you keep the thread as we started it with just titles that suggest what the link is about, then only put a LINK in the thread, we can use the dreaded SEARCH feature to find the subject heading we want without being given a heap of irrelevant hits. For example, search on "Companion" - limit your search to "DIT and Please Explain" and you only get a hit on the thread about companion shafts.

If, however, we post full articles like the one in there headed "Gen 2 Body Lift" you will get hits on the text in the article as well - unless of course, you filter your search to titles. I don't quite see the point in duplicating or possibly transferring articles to this thread if it was started by using URL references to start with - we need to be a bit consistent. I think it is better to have a thread in there with a subject like "Companion Shafts - Gen. 3" and then have the link to the original thread. If somewhere along the line, another good thread on Companion shafts comes along, a second entry (ie. a REPLY) can be put in the original thread pointing to the second article.
                What do you all think?

Cheers

Geoff
                03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Goodsy
                  Who ya gunna call....
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Hervey Bay

Early days Geoff but I agree with you. What makes the cut and what doesn't?
                  Does DIY need gen1, gen2, gen3 and gen4 to make it easier?
                  .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                  NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• GHendo
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                    Does DIY need gen1, gen2, gen3 and gen4 to make it easier?
                    Yeh, I was wondering that myself Goodsy. Maybe can we create sub-folders to the thread call Gen 1 ... Gen 4 etc. But then what happens to things that cover the lot?

Geoff
                    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• steveandviv
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • Broome

I know where your going. I too have been in the industry 28 years as a hard core unix a c coder and even 'Cobal' Yuk ....etc but that was before we all had Google to help us.

Anyway, Your going to have to set rules around what the 'lables' are for this to work and then we all need to know how to search or what to type in else the search function will still give vague responses.

So like I have said I like the idea but not sure a forum is going to work as well as we would all like.

I suppose if all the DYI are under one thread it will work if maybe only the mods can add to that thread only keeping it consistent.

Anyway, not grumpy - hope it works as it would help us all.

Comment

• Pickle
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2007
                        • All over Oz

Scott will be delving into this guys. Just a bit of patience as he gets used to the forum software.
                        Dave
                        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X