• Show
Clear All
  • Easykill1978
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Melbourne Vic

Strange Noise, front right

Hi,

I have a very odd noise in the front right, it sounds like rubber or something its wierd. i will attempt to record this later today and post it. its periodic in nature, how to explain this.. as the wheel turns you hear it.. its slow when your going slow and speeds up as you speed up.

First off i have new shafts in the front and new brake pads too

what we have done, to try and find the fault is => First did a complete visual check and can see no rubbing what so ever. we then jacked the car up and spun the wheel by hand, no noise.. tho it does get a little stuck during a spin.. we then jiggled the wheel backwards and forwards to inspect the wheel bearing.. no movement where their shouldn't be movement.we also checked the front left wheel and the same.

what i will be doing is checking the splines where the shaft goes into the hub that it has adequate grease and maybe rotating my tyres. and i will also inspect the function of the brake caliper. dont see any rubbing on it tho..

i am stumped.
    My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)
  • tyap
    • Apr 2012
    • WA

Hi Easykill1978.
    My guess is bearing hub.
    How many KM and have these ever been replaced?

Comment

• dolphin
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008

maybe a warped rotor disc. drive the car on a quiet straight section of road then apply the brakes very lightly as driving to hear any noise change.
      NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• Easykill1978
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Melbourne Vic

Originally posted by tyap View Post
        Hi Easykill1978.
        My guess is bearing hub.
        How many KM and have these ever been replaced?
        but there is no movement, and when jacked and no wheel and i turn it i dont hear a bearing noise. but possible.

Comment

• m1s3ry
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Kalorama, VIC.

Originally posted by Easykill1978 View Post
          but there is no movement, and when jacked and no wheel and i turn it i dont hear a bearing noise. but possible.
          Generally you need the weight of the car on the bearing to get the noise out of it. If it is a bearing problem.

If when driving down a wide road, you do some wide swerves from left to right and back and the noise comes and goes its a wheel bearing. Please be careful when doing this. This puts load on and off each side or the car.
          Steele Perkins (#1263)
          NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

• Easykill1978
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2008
            • Melbourne Vic

k, to be safe which should i buy from eabay.

This one

or this one

Comment

• mmannion
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2008
              • Birth place of QLD

Originally posted by Easykill1978 View Post
              k, to be safe which should i buy from eabay.

This one

or this one
              The first link is for front and second link is for rear so you would need the one from first link if the problem is in the front. With these unit bearings you don't always get play in them at first sometimes just the noise when they are on the way out.
              02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• Easykill1978
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2008
                • Melbourne Vic

Originally posted by mmannion View Post
                The first link is for front and second link is for rear so you would need the one from first link if the problem is in the front. With these unit bearings you don't always get play in them at first sometimes just the noise when they are on the way out.
                good to know, and lolz i never noticed shows how tired i was when i posted lolz.

thanks

gonna replace the front drivers side.

Comment

• tyap
                  • Apr 2012
                  • WA

If you do one, may as well do the other - it can't be far off.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X