• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jon_m
    • Aug 2015
    • goldcoast

Thanks JustanotherPJ, Kingbrown

I bought a crowsfoot flarenut set the first time having the injector pipes off.

It's the size of the 'go through socket' required for the tappet lock nuts I'm after.

ie as per the ring spanner here in Goodsy's photo ....

go through socket.jpg

Incidentally... ordered parts from Amayama yesterday, inc new pipes, seals etc, tensioner.. over $400 now and the wait - be watching the grass grow for awhile.

Comment

• Toshmegosh
      • Jul 2020
      • North Shore, Sydney

I have just sold a kidney to pay for the stealership conducting the 48 month service (the last one under warranty), which includes actual valve clearance inspection/adjustment.

I was wondering if the following pre adjustment results were:

a} In the expected range for 24 months since last inspection?, and
      b} An indicator that the next inspection could be extended past 24 months or not?

Intake (10mm) Exhaust (15mm)
      1 10mm 16mm
      2 12mm 16mm
      3 11mm 16mm
      4 10mm 15mm

The Paj has only done 35km's to date, with 10kms of that towing a caravan.

Thoughts appreciated
      MY19 NX GLS, factory towbar, Redarc Towpro v3 & isolator, engineer certified upgrade to 300kg TBM @3T (Kings springs, Koni 82 series shocks, Airbagman HP bags) Provent 200 catch can. To come - Automate

Comment

• Scooby
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2011
        • Ipswich, Qld.

Originally posted by Toshmegosh View Post
        I have just sold a kidney to pay for the stealership conducting the 48 month service (the last one under warranty), which includes actual valve clearance inspection/adjustment.

I was wondering if the following pre adjustment results were:

a} In the expected range for 24 months since last inspection?, and
        b} An indicator that the next inspection could be extended past 24 months or not?

Intake (10mm) Exhaust (15mm)
        1 10mm 16mm
        2 12mm 16mm
        3 11mm 16mm
        4 10mm 15mm

The Paj has only done 35km's to date, with 10kms of that towing a caravan.

Thoughts appreciated
        Okay if I read this correctly you have had 2 valve clearance checks done in 4 years and only 35000kms.
        I think you are missing some decimal points. Specs, Intake 0.10mm. Exhaust 0.15.
        So differences from spec of 0.01 to 0.02 of a mm. All on the loser side so no valves wearing.
        The difference could also be in the feel of the mechanic using the feeler gauges.
        Did they actually adjust them back to spec or just leave them as is?
        If it was mine I wouldn’t be worried about letting it run to at least the 100k kms until checking again.
        I last checked my NW at 210k kms and it it is at 295k kms now. Will be checking again soon though. If I recall correctly when checked last the clearances were much the same as yours.
        Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

• Toshmegosh
          • Jul 2020
          • North Shore, Sydney

Originally posted by Scooby View Post

Okay if I read this correctly you have had 2 valve clearance checks done in 4 years and only 35000kms.
          I think you are missing some decimal points. Specs, Intake 0.10mm. Exhaust 0.15.
          So differences from spec of 0.01 to 0.02 of a mm. All on the loser side so no valves wearing.
          The difference could also be in the feel of the mechanic using the feeler gauges.
          Did they actually adjust them back to spec or just leave them as is?
          If it was mine I wouldn’t be worried about letting it run to at least the 100k kms until checking again.
          I last checked my NW at 210k kms and it it is at 295k kms now. Will be checking again soon though. If I recall correctly when checked last the clearances were much the same as yours.
          Thanks Scooby, I have never been great with numbers (accountant by training!). They adjusted them, so they said. I think I will defer an actual check for quite a while as you suggest rather than going with logbook intervals. Now to find a reliable independent mechanic!
          MY19 NX GLS, factory towbar, Redarc Towpro v3 & isolator, engineer certified upgrade to 300kg TBM @3T (Kings springs, Koni 82 series shocks, Airbagman HP bags) Provent 200 catch can. To come - Automate

Comment

• redbruce
            Administrator
            • Sep 2019
            • Melbourne

Rudi Zabeo (AKA Mr Pajero in Perth) reckons physical valve check should be done 60,000-80,000kms depending on duty (towing and off road at lower end. Normally inlet open up and exhaust close up with time.

I just had mine done after 60,000km of outback touring towing a 1T camper and Vic High Country off road. All were loose and needed adjustment.

Was previously done by the same guy so I'm suspicious they werent done right last time and at $900 I'll be looking elsewhere next time.

Only things I dont do any more on my cars are clearances (back wont hold up) and auto trans.
            PCOV Member 1954
            MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM drawer, ARB Smartbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X