• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whitehorse
    • Feb 2018
    • Wollongong

Console Removal and Update

Hi Guys,
    I thought I'd upload some pictures and directions on how to remove the centre console from the glove box to up and around the head unit. This then allowed me update my consul surround so I have the new padded side pieces. My main reason for doing this is I couldn't find any information online apart from one YouTube clip so I hope this helps.
    Firstly you don't need to remove the entire surround of the head unit. I did but you can get away with only removing the silver strips either side of the air vent. These are held in by three clips which I was able to remove using my hands. This will give you access to the first screw you need to remove.
    Secondly, using a screw driver or tool you can pop up the clips near the glove box. This will give you access to the second screw. Once you do this you'll have three other clips to pop. Most of them come up fairly easily however the two at the other end do require a little more force. These are located under the seat heater buttons and the cigarette lighter.
    Almost directly below the heater buttons and the cigarette lighter are the last two screws you need to remove. The side console highlights then simply pop off. To install it's a simple case of clipping it in and replacing the three screws on each side.
    I find these really comfortable especially when 4WDing as I often bang my knees. This is a link to the product on eBay.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LH-RH-FL...72.m2749.l2649

I've tried to upload some photos but I'm having trouble. I'll see what I can do about fixing that soon.
    I hope this helps someone.
    Cheers, Whitehorse
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Whitehorse; 27-08-21, 11:28 AM. Reason: Sorry for the very long delay. I got back onto the forum after a long time away and realised I had not uploaded the photos. Hopefully someone in the future might find them useful.
  • Gwoolie
    • Feb 2020
    • Uk south

Would you be able to email some photo’s?

Comment

• Whitehorse
      • Feb 2018
      • Wollongong

No problem. Let me know your address and I'll send them through.

Comment

• Pajflyer
        • Jan 2017
        • Sydney

What year sport do they fit

Comment

• ron2503
          • Dec 2017
          • Alex Hills

Originally posted by Pajflyer View Post
          What year sport do they fit
          All models prior to MY18. The MY18 already have them.
          2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
          Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
          Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• DanDanDan
            • Feb 2020
            • CHARLESTOWN

Hi
            Could you please send me some photos as well? I have been thinking about doing this!

Comment

• marlin1856
              • Apr 2013
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by ron2503 View Post
              All models prior to MY18. The MY18 already have them.
              Are you certain as I emailed a couple of these sellers and they all say they only fit 2018 models and up?
              2016 Pajero Sport Exceed Titanium

Comment

• ron2503
                • Dec 2017
                • Alex Hills

Originally posted by marlin1856 View Post
                Are you certain as I emailed a couple of these sellers and they all say they only fit 2018 models and up?
                Yes. They are made for my18 and up but will fit the earlier models.
                2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
                Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
                Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• marlin1856
                  • Apr 2013
                  • Melbourne

Cannot for the life of me remember where I saw a vid of these being installed? cant seem to work out your instructions, are they skipping a few steps?

Edit: purchased off Ebay and installed via youtube, sooo much better now!!
                  Last edited by marlin1856; 21-09-20, 10:51 AM.
                  2016 Pajero Sport Exceed Titanium

Comment

• GRMNP2004
                    • Jul 2012
                    • Brisbane

My wife's QE pajero sport, the lights in the centre console next to the gear selector have stopped working, any tips on removing the console would be greatly appreciated....

Comment

• EnW
                      • Apr 2014
                      • Victoria

Hi Whitehorse and others.
                      Any tips on how to get the final clips free (the ones directly below the cigarette lighter panel) for the centre console panel?
                      I've applied a fair bit of force pulling up with my hands after popping the clips at the other end (near cup holders), but all that's happening is that the plastic face of the centre console panel is flexing and feels like it's about the snap! That would make for a very expensive fix!
                      Thanks.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X