• Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

NT & NW Pajero - Front Airbag Inflator Recall

when will it ever end

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
  • MatthewP
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2014
    • North of Brisbane

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
    Lol.
    Isn't it obvious.

Every airbag that was made by that airbag manufacturer, over many years, needs to be recalled.

There just isnt enough replacements, so they are spacing out the recalls.

Imagine the amount of overreaction if they were honest and said , basically every car with this brand airbags for the last 10 years needs them replaced.

Or i could be wrong and it wasn't a design fault but because someone took a kitten to work one day and a few people were distracted, and they are diligently trying to find what vehicles may have had the kitten distracted airbags installed.

Matt
    05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

• PradoEater
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Oatley

Hmmm 4 more to go
      NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
      Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by MatthewP View Post
        Lol.
        Isn't it obvious.

Every airbag that was made by that airbag manufacturer, over many years, needs to be recalled.

There just isnt enough replacements, so they are spacing out the recalls.

Imagine the amount of overreaction if they were honest and said , basically every car with this brand airbags for the last 10 years needs them replaced.

Or i could be wrong and it wasn't a design fault but because someone took a kitten to work one day and a few people were distracted, and they are diligently trying to find what vehicles may have had the kitten distracted airbags installed.

Matt
        the other day driver seriously injured by airbag fragments ... so it's going to take more deaths before they recall them all

seriously sake ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• dhula
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • South of Perth

This might sound silly given the topic of airbags but I just wonder if it would be a better thing to disable the airbags for a short time while they built up a stockpile of replacements compared to leaving them in place and operational with the risk that when they go off the person sitting behind (or is that in front of) the airbag has a likelihood of being badly hurt by the very thing that is supposed to protect them.
          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Lazarus
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2008
            • Melbourne, Western suburbs

I am about to book my car for 75k service.
            Will ask them to conduct airbags recall, if they don't have them, they can take them out then and install new ones when they become available, if they refuse then I will be asking them keep their IED (improvised explosive device) on wheels .... frikin muppets... I don't know about you guys, but I am not willing to drive my familly around in a gillotine on wheels waiting for silly thing to go off and decapitate someoene.

There is no point deactivating them as they can just go off anyway.
            NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), Uniden UHF, ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank.

Comment

• Jimboy
              • May 2015
              • Mornington Peninsula, Vic.

I agree its pretty poor form in taking so long to rectify this. Got my "Advance Customer Notification " letter last September. Since then nada. Can only
              hope I'm wearing my saftey/driving glasses and they save my eyes if it goes off.

Cheers,
              Jim.
              4WD Neophyte In a 2013 Pajero NW GLX; taking me places to appreciate the nature of Oz- https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimonearth/

Comment

• littleriver
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Queensland

As it's a gov safety recall .. maybe time to ring the governer or send him an email and CC a copy to ACA ...

Comment

• trinidaddy
                  • May 2015
                  • Sandgate, QLD

Just got my Safety Recall 010121 (drivers front air bag) done at Nundah Mitsubishi here in Brisbane.
                  Young lady said parts are in but the calls aren't coming...
                  2011 NT Pajero GL Manual DiD White | Opposite Lock Post BullBar Black | Rydge Ryder 12000lb Winch | Milford Cargo Barrier | ProRack Bars & Rydge Ryder Awning | Roley's Rear Skid Plate | Bushskinz Set | Redarc sbi12d | Abber 55ltr water tank

Wish list: | Bushskinz Rock Sliders | Snorkel
                  http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...pictureid=4545

Comment

• geopaj
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Adelaide

Probably because Mitsubishi hasn't sent out recall letters yet!!!

If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have even known there is a second airbag recall (driver's side then passenger's side)
                    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• P4J3R0
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Brisbane

Have received on letter September last year. Called the dealer the start of this year and he said don't worry until I receive the next letter, this was for the drivers side which still hasn't been fixed.
                      NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• twisted32
                        • Jan 2015
                        • Adelaide

For those who still not received their recall letter, I was just speaking to a warranty manager at the dealership, and apparently Mitsubishi just received approx 20 000 units for this (drivers airbag), and letter should be going out this week. Checked my vin (2013 built MY14), and it is on the list so going in this week to be done.
                        Should be getting closer for everyone now.
                        Last edited by twisted32; 22-05-17, 02:47 PM.
                        MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• pjchris
                          • Jun 2007

NT & NW Pajero - Front Airbag Inflator Recall

I got my second letter the week before last so mine is booked in... NW 2012 Platinum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by pjchris; 23-05-17, 12:29 AM.
                          2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

• RobFrance
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                            The problem is that by staggering the recalls, people assume that they arent affected by the recall.

Now to book the car in again !

Apparently the clockspring is not a safety related issue even though it drives the cruise control too.

I just clocekd up 333,333 in 6 years and the been through more cruise buttons than brakepads.

Comment

• Rovingman
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2014
                              • Blue mountains

that's a lot of 3's

Just got my second letter, gonna book it in with the next service.
                              Pajero NT RX 2011
                              Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                              LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X