• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Agree a great day out, a few new faces and some of the regulars. We are are friendly bunch so I would encourage anyone to join us on these days. Stock or modified, novice or experienced all are welcome and catered for.

Great photos NJ, especially of GeoPaj's winch recovery, they really so how how steeps the track is.
    Once Geo lost traction, crabbed sideways slightly and then reversed a bit, he ended up being wedged on a rock on the rear lefthand corner so going forward was the only option! With M-M assistance it was with both with almost at full length so M-M could park on slightly less steep ground that wasn't that was relatively even.
    Unfortunately it wasn't Geo's day, as later in the day he staked a sidewall on an easy track (loss of attention he says), 1/2 worn 697 8 ply ruined

No other known damage reported but those that tackled the harder tracks definitely gave their underbody plates a work out.

Another view of Geo's position from the top of the previous hill, you can see how steep it is by how much of his bonnet you can see. Most of us had trouble walking up this section of the track.

M-M lifting a wheel, he got it to about 600mm off the ground before he reversed and took another bite at this tight corner which also tested wheel travel well beyond their limits. M-M was getting concerned about the side angle once it got to about 30 - 35 degrees.

Also happy to report that OJ's Challenger without RDL or decent traction control did not hold the group back but there was one or two spots that I had to take a slightly different line and use a bit more speed than the Pajero's.

cheers, OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• ticky
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2015
      • Adelaide

Fantastic photos posted. Thanks to all who posted them.

It's only made me more determined to get out again as soon as I can.

I need to buy a bit of camping gear as I didnt think I would need most of what I had once I bought the caravan, but I would love to do the Boarder Track. But thats a way off yet, I have a few other things to take care of before I can even think about that one.

Thanks for the photos

Steve
      2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X