• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sanad
    • Feb 2016
    • Israel

And again, DPF delete pipe

Hello everyone,
    So i got a Pajero 2008 3.2 with 162000 kms.
    Few months ago started to see the dpf light, and then check engine light, they both come on after two weeks of reset or a forced regen, but never got into limp mode and never felt a lack of power, reset and two more weeks, yep thats me for the past 2 months.

So was thinking about buying the DPF delete pipe from chip tuning, and after reading here alot i can understand that the guy is called Robert, but cant get any ecu remap, because i live far away.
    Will the dpf delete pipe give me a solution to the problem ?

Thanks !
  • bigste
    • Sep 2015
    • maroochydore

dont do it

Dont waste your money on a dpf pipe get your whole exhaust system changed. 3" from cat back and no rear muffler just a resonator works great. Read my posts re some issues ive had but on the whole its great.
    Pajero 3.2 DiD SWB 2" lift (ARB), 33" Tyres, 3" stainless mandrel bent exhaust, high flow CAT, DPF removed, EGR and cooler removed, cold air intake box, K&N high flow filter, Tinted rear LED lights, Raised spare wheel for rear door opening with trailer on. Interior mods for LED lighting, touch panel Audio and centre console re-designed.

Comment

• Eastie
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Vic

Start with cat/dpf temp sensor testing (dealer can resistance test these) and that the dpf pressure sensor lines aren't clogged (remove rubber lines from the sensors located just behind one of your front tyres, you should be able to blow air through them). After that, ever had the egr unblocked, checked the throttle is working, no turbo issues?

Failing that, leaking/failed injector(s) (or maybe a dead dpf). Resetting the ecu every couple of weeks and having the same re-occur sounds like an upstream issue to me (injector issue). 162k on the clock, infrequent fuel filter changes, contaminated fuel now and then... = injectors that blocked or leak fuel probably giving a rich exhaust gas, which the ecu picks up and 'tries' to burn off, but never senses it has achieved it's set parameters (spec exhaust gas conditions wont be achieved with over fuelling injectors), so it goes into dpf burn mode, still detects something outside parameters, continues with the dpf burn... and either goes on whtih this indefinitely or until the check engine light comes on or you get the workshop to reset it again. Sound like a possibility?
      Last edited by Eastie; 08-03-16, 01:14 PM.
      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

• Sanad
        • Feb 2016
        • Israel

Thanks for your help, i am not going to change the whole exhaust system as if i modify it a bit i can will have problems in the mot.

For talking about being rich in the exhaust gas, i was considering to start a cleanup, first step is to clean the manifold and the egr.

Another thing, while driving, i can here a pump working for several times, same noise as the fuel pump, can that be the reason for my issue ?

Thanks

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X