• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

These are on special at "House" atm for just under $17. Best bit, they come in their own neat little travel tube. It's all I use and combined with a stainless jug, heated to 65 degree's, its pretty darn good. I found some milk froths better than others. UHT seems better than the fresh stuff....go figure

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Alex86
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Here and there

I've discovered a new coffee bag, and am pretty impressed so far with them.

Jed's

Found them at Coles. Not sure about woolies.

Worth a shot (pun intended!) for those that don't want to use a dripper etc
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
      Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Having used the nanopresso for nearly a year now, I'm a convert.

So much so, I just lashed out on another one to live in my work bag. But ground coffee at work is a pain, so I found this vendor and asked what sort of deal he could do for the nano + barista kit ( kit has twice the water volume of the standard nano and a double shot basket) + the NS presso adaptor. He came back with a pretty sharp price so I bought one. Now I can have Pod coffee anywhere I can get hot water

Tried it out this arvo and i'm impressed. Just as good as a pod machine, without the need of having a machine

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• zoiks
          • Apr 2016
          • Brisbane

Out of curiosity. How sharp was the price. I'm looking at something like this for myself

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Originally posted by zoiks View Post
            Out of curiosity. How sharp was the price. I'm looking at something like this for myself
            That was 8 months ago now......so I couldn't even think of the price, but he did do me a package deal. I believe the 3 piece kit is still available.

Since that time.....well I think the ground works much better than the nspresso adaptor. Whilst the ns adaptor works, The machine doesn't seem to pump real hard, and you tend to loose a lot of heat, so you really need to use this with warm milk. I also found the barista kit was too much water for a pod, and I've reverted back to the 80ml water reservoir.

That said, the ns kit is still in my work bag, and it gets used occasionally, but only when a 240v pod machine isn't available.

My camping, ground coffee one gets used each and every time I go away. that too also needs warm milk IMO, but the barista kit with its 16gm basket, makes a nice coffee.

My Journeys

Comment

• zoiks
              • Apr 2016
              • Brisbane

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

• Turorit
                • Oct 2016
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                These are on special at "House" atm for just under $17. Best bit, they come in their own neat little travel tube. It's all I use and combined with a stainless jug, heated to 65 degree's, its pretty darn good. I found some milk froths better than others. UHT seems better than the fresh stuff....go figure

https://youtu.be/2nv8nM1Vw3c

Ikea sells its own version for $3, powered by 2x AA. As you can imagine for $3 the build quality is a bit average. The motor to 'stalk' coupling is a small plastic bush which is easily broken. I've yet to find a nice way to store it in my camping box. A 30mm piece of PVC pipe seems a bit overkill.

PRODUKT Milk-frother, black. Frothes milk up in 15-20 seconds. Can be used for both cold and hot milk.
                2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
                --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Turorit View Post
                  Ikea sells its own version for $3, powered by 2x AA. As you can imagine for $3 the build quality is a bit average. The motor to 'stalk' coupling is a small plastic bush which is easily broken. I've yet to find a nice way to store it in my camping box. A 30mm piece of PVC pipe seems a bit overkill.

https://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/70301165/
                  That's why I love the aerolatte whizzer, cause it comes in its own hard tube travel box. Too easy. I reckon I have about 6 of them, scattered throughout the house, camper, workbag and camping kit.

My Journeys

Comment

• Herman4x4
                    Valued Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • Melton, Victoria

I have gotten rid of the campfire dripper and upgraded to a Bellman Espresso and Steamer CX25P. Makes a great coffee.
                    With the Bellman Espresso & Steamer CX 25P, you’ll never be more than a few simple steps away from rich and delicious espresso and steamed milk. Create espresso and steamed milk that will rival your favorite local cafe - all with the heat of your stove. This espresso maker brews espresso that’s akin to the stove to

Cost a bit, but happy to have a great coffee each day.
                    Have had this for about 18 months now. Bought a grinder and inverter for beans when no power and run out of pre ground coffee.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
                    Cheers,
                    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• Turorit
                      • Oct 2016
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                      That's why I love the aerolatte whizzer, cause it comes in its own hard tube travel box. Too easy. I reckon I have about 6 of them, scattered throughout the house, camper, workbag and camping kit.

Problem solved!
                      I've got access to a 3D printer so I knocked up this quick 'tube' for the Ikea whizzer.
                      If anyone else is interested, you can find the design here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3469730
                      2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
                      --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X