• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADAMandHANNAH
    • Feb 2020
    • Sydney

Error 23 front propellor shaft speed sensor Pajero NM 3.5l petrol

Hi everyone, new pajero owners here and we have come across the dreaded CD flashing light. i have done the usual checks with the actuator, vaccum hoses, solenoids, the only things i havent done is replace the 5 transfer select switches. its still flashing.

to give some more information when the car is running in 2H it is perfect, however when i move the lever to 4H the lights all go green and then after a short bit of driving the center diff light begins to flash. it only resets when the car is turned back off and i put it into 2H again.

Last night i managed to read the flashing error codes they were as follows:

Rapidly flashing ANTI LOCK (dont know why this happens as cant read a code from that)
    Rapidly flashing CHECK ENGINE light (also dont know why this is should i be worried?)
    Rapidly flashing NEUTRAL light on the right of the speedo (no idea why also)
    and finally the C\D light flashes in sequence and gives me a code of 23

the 23 code i could find only on the diagnostic chart for the DID engines, is it the same code for the 3.5 petrol?

if it is the same code has anyone else experienced somthing similar and have they changed out the sensor itself? how hard would this be to do.

Any help i could get on any of the many questions above would be awesome!

We want to get on the road!
  • konstantinoskG.
    • Jan 2019
    • GR

Hello,There are lots of threads on the forum about this if you do a search.
    Most commonly the 5 sens above the gearbox.
    I had the same issue,but was only a damaged hose,the one that goes from the engine to the first solinoid under the battery.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G965F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Comment

• Roofchop
      • Jul 2018
      • Carool, Australia

Get these and change them.

DIY or any mechanic, 1 hour on a lift.

Can be done on the ground.

Only need a big ring spanner (22mm I think(check first))

As these cars stay in 2H most of their life the switches "go bad"

I cut one open after fixing mine and the switch contacts were rusty!

Plated steel inside the switch, humid air in the xfer case = rust!

With bad switch/switches the ecu has no idea where the selector rod is.

So, it flashes the lights.....

Cheers
      Dave
      2007 NS 3.8 V6 GLX Auto

Comment

• AndyN
        • Feb 2020
        • Tayvallich

I also had code 23 on the transfer ECU, it is the code for the front propshaft speed sensor, it's a little hall sensor on the top of the transfer case just above the output for the from prop. Your sender has probably failed mine had, swapping it out invokes dropping the transmission down to gain access. The sensor number is MR567292. It's held in with a 10mm bolt. If your just dropping the transmission down and not removing you'll need a camera or mirrors to make sure its all clean before you remove the old sensor or the dirt will fall in the transfer case.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X