Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Post NT Pajero Suspension - Touring Lift

Hi Fellas,

Firstly I'd like to say what a knowledge book the Pajeroclub forum is, has helped me out a great deal with my bus.

I have a 2010 NT Pajero Diesel with a buggered front right strut mount and strut that requires replacing, I have taking this opportunity to replace all springs, shocks, and struts and gain a small lift (I'm not keen on 2 inch lift) which will get my rig back to factory height and a possible 10-20mm gain in height.

Current Height

Height (curent half tank)
RL 504mm
RR 504mm
FL 471mm
FR 467mm

Bullbar weight 23kg
Aux Battery weight 20kg
137.500kms on the clock

Supposed From Factory Height
RL 535mm
RR 535mm
FL 504mm
FR 504mm

As you can see I have all round 30mm+ sag

Parts replacing/installing;

King Springs KCFR-34
King Springs KCRS-35
KYB Skorched 4s 841001
KYB Skorched 4s 845017
SuperPro Strut Caps RS007
PolyTuff Front Coil Spring Lower Insulator - MC0142K
PolyTuff Rear Coil Spring Lower Insulator - MC0148K
PolyTuff Rear Coil Spring Upper Insulator - MC0147K

This is booked in for install Monday coming followed by a wheel alignment. I will post my results once completed.

Last edited by Grebzy; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:45 PM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Where are you getting it done? Mine has Kings and KYB Scorched4 shockers. I’m very happy with the combination (originally installed by SA Suspension at Pooraka)

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by geopaj View Post
Where are you getting it done? Mine has Kings and KYB Scorched4 shockers. Iím very happy with the combination (originally installed by SA Suspension at Pooraka)
I sourced all the part myself and am taking it to Matlin Auto Repairs on South Rd to get it installed. To Beaurepairs straight after for a 4 wheel align.

Thatís good to hear your happy with the combo! Did you go the same king springs or go higher?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Have you checked that all of the suspension / wheel alignment adjusting bolts arenít seized.
Havenít had the problem myself but have read and heard a lot about it though.
Probably would get them to antisieze or grease these whilst they are putting the suspension in.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto.
Basically Stock. 180k.
Heavier rear springs to tow the GGís.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto.
Basically stock. 350k.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
Have you checked that all of the suspension / wheel alignment adjusting bolts arenít seized.
Havenít had the problem myself but have read and heard a lot about it though.
Probably would get them to antisieze or grease these whilst they are putting the suspension in.
I haven't checked but have had wheel alignments in the past, not sure on the suspension bolts. The mechanic did a quick check for rusted bolts when I went in to book the appointment.

The only thing I asked was if they could back off all the bushes when they fit the new suspension and then tighten then once the car was off the hoist.

Heard the vehicle can drive like a pig if the bushes aren't sitting naturally due to height changes.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I was looking for a very similar result with new suspension. That is, I did not want any significant lift and the end result as close to stock height as possible. I have a low car port, don't do any serious off roading. My NT gets used primarily for touring, general day to day and towing our small caravan half a dozen times a year for family trips.

After speaking with Kieron at Bushskins, managed to settle on the Kings KCFR-34 & KCRS-35, although with Bilstein shocks.

My current measurements (from centre of wheel hub to lower edge of guard) -
FL - 500mm
FR - 498mm
RL - 515mm
RR - 492mm

Be interesting to hear your finished heights, as I am using oem insulators, as I did not want the additional 20mm that Michael at Polytuff said would add to my rear ride height.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthekelpy View Post
Be interesting to hear your finished heights, as I am using oem insulators, as I did not want the additional 20mm that Michael at Polytuff said would add to my rear ride height.
PolyTuff only list coil insulators and not coil spacers, so in theory if the coil insulators are the same dimensions as the factory rubber insulators then the effect on the ride height should be only the difference between the compression of the urethane compared to rubber.

Lower Insulator PolyTuff MC0148K replaces Genuine MR418047.
Upper Insulator PolyTuff MC0147K replaces Genuine MR418548.

From my experience the lower insulators flog out quickly, sometimes lasting just a few thousand kms but the factory rubber upper insulators lasting 100,000+Kms.

If you have flogged out lower insulators and the upper insulators are fine then it is reasonable to expect up to 20mm increase in rear ride height if you fit both lower and upper poly insulators, over the existing ride height.

In most cases I would recommend only using PolyTuff insulators in the lower position and rubber in the upper unless you are traveling very heavy and over rough roads.

OJ.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 2 Weeks Ago

bobthekelpy - I'll measure up and post some before and after photos once the work is done. I have been measuring from center of rim to top point of wheel arch

old Jack - Echo what you said about the insulators and Mick from PolyTuff pretty much has said the same in regards to height and wear on old rubbers.

Why would you opt for rubber insulators in the rear upper?
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Suspensions Done!

I got to say I am really happy with the height and look. Haven't been able to drive around for too long or take new measurements but best description is the Paj feels like its at the height it should be.

I've uploaded suspension photos for show. I did notice the strut boot doesn't quite cover the entire rod but I don't think this is an issue.

I will find a flat surface tonight to take a photo of the Paj and measure the height.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5485.jpg (50.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5487.jpg (40.7 KB, 41 views)
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Photos and lift height

Original Height (half tank fuel)
FL 471mm
FR 467mm
RL 504mm
RR 504mm

IMG_5478.jpg

Lifted Height (1/3 tank fuel)
FL 500mm
FR 504mm
RL 540mm
RR 545mm

IMG_5489.jpg

Steering feels a lot smoother and lighter. Braking also feels better. No longer hearing loud clatters and banging over the average Adelaide roads. Overall the Paj feels like its been relieved from a lot of pressure. This maybe due to the bushes being backed off during the install, and obviously the new suspension

I will have to measure up again in a month or 2 to see where is settles at.