Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Bellied at Bremer

part I of a 10 day trip down south.

part ii not until the new year.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • Hatto
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Mandurah WA

Man you get around! Nice work
    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• sharkcaver
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Originally posted by Hatto View Post
      Man you get around! Nice work
      Thanks mate. It's been another busy year.....

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• glsgls
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2007

Good job shane ,I see buy your stats you never made it back to sa ,may be next time I like your stats very good effort, if I posted mine it would show how much time I have been off work this year lets see if I can beat it in 2020 have a good xmas and happy new year rob

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Originally posted by glsgls View Post
          Good job shane ,I see buy your stats you never made it back to sa ,may be next time I like your stats very good effort, if I posted mine it would show how much time I have been off work this year lets see if I can beat it in 2020 have a good xmas and happy new year rob
          Thanks mate. Yep, never crossed the border this year, but that is likely in 2020 as I gain long service in April. Thinking I will split it over 3 years, giving me 3 years of 11 weeks leave to play with

Did I mention I love my job

That said, I got 49 nights in the swag in 2019 (0 in the ulti), not a shabby effort for one working a full time job hey!

EDIT: and I also spent 10 days overseas in Jan.

My Journeys

Comment

• glsgls
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2007

Living the dream

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi Shane,

I have looked a the snatch recovery several times and there doesn't seem to be much stretch in the snatch strap that is being used hence the hard tug on your Pajero and the DMax bogging down, a good strap should have at least 20% stretch.
              Strap also looks to be very thick so is it an 11,000 kg strap rather than a 8,000 kg strap?

Really enjoying the drone footage

OJ.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                Hi Shane,

I have looked a the snatch recovery several times and there doesn't seem to be much stretch in the snatch strap that is being used hence the hard tug on your Pajero and the DMax bogging down, a good strap should have at least 20% stretch.
                Strap also looks to be very thick so is it an 11,000 kg strap rather than a 8,000 kg strap?

OJ.
                To be honest OJ, I would have to have a look, but IIRC its an 8 tonner. As for bogging down, I think anything would bog down in that sand. It wasn't a hard pull, just needed a bump to get on the maxtrax. I could have dug some more, but I was feeling quite off that day, My head cold from 2 weeks prior came back to haunt me.

My Journeys

Comment

• 1533rl
                  • Jun 2007
                  • armadale wa

Bellied at Bremer

Nice work Shane, love the drone stuff. We were down South earlier this year and camped down on the Inlet, roughest windy night I've ever had in the camper. The sand is very soft, one idiot got bogged 'cos he forgot to switch off ASC - no names, and fortunately no video !
                  Reef, Stream and all the way around to House Beach and Pt Ann are some of the most scenic places and your drone footage gives a view that groundhogs like me can only envy. I am amazed at how steady the images are considering the wind.
                  Can't wait for more, keep it up.
                  Cheers
                  Peterhttps://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/images/smilies/clap2[1].gif

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

Always a great watch ... Your drone footage is improving with each take .. Now I am starting to learn from you ... have a merry Xmas and a happy new year ...

Look forward to more of your adventures ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

Thanks guys. All the best for Christmas to you and yours. It's as good as Esperance down there I reckon. Next episode we head out to House beach and Pt Ann too, although we never made Reef beach. The wind sure gave me some drama's with the drone, but I got enough footage to live with.

On another note, I saw a mavic mini in action a couple of weeks back. Boy, that thing is so light. The owner flew it out a couple of hundred meters away and couldn't get it back against the wind. He got there eventually, after having to drop to 10m in height, but it showed me, light isn't always good. I don't think the mini is a good option for WA conditions after seeing that.

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                      Your drone footage is improving with each take .. Now I am starting to learn from you ...

Awwww, shucks.

My Journeys

Comment

• johnandcass
                        • Oct 2014
                        • Margaret River

Great footage!
                        Stream beach is one of my favourite beaches of all time, and yep the sand can be soft! What was the track out like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        2010 NT RX, diesel auto.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Originally posted by johnandcass View Post
                          Great footage!
                          Stream beach is one of my favourite beaches of all time, and yep the sand can be soft! What was the track out like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          On the whole, pretty good. One section near the top wallowed out quite a bit: coming up in part II. A magnificent spot indeed.

Cheers.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                            Hi Shane,

OJ.
                            You are correct OJ, I checked last weekend, its an 11,000Kg strap. My others are 8,000Kg.

Anyways, the trip continues with some wildlife interactions:

My Journeys

Comment

• 1533rl
                              • Jun 2007
                              • armadale wa

Bellied at Bremer

Great footage Shane, braver than me with the legless wildlife . Good to see the sun come out and allow you to show the colours, we're just lucky we are blessed with such beautiful places.
                              House beach to Pt Ann, or is it Anne, on the beach - now we can try it with confidence next time we are down that way. It is great on those beaches, especially with the low traffic levels.
                              How soon for Part 3 ?
                              Cheers
                              Peter

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X