X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quinno
    • May 2008

Fuel rail sensor?

Sorry guys I feel like an idiot. Can someone tell me / show me where I find the fuel rail sensor? It's a 2010 PB Challenger. I am fitting a chip it.
    2010 PB Challenger. Kings KCRR23 and 55H, sliders, front bar, warn winch, light force HID, 90L aux tank donated from NH Paj.

1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.
  • Kingbrown
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Port Augusta - SA

The fuel rail pressure sensor is at the rear of the engine on the passenger side.

Screwed into the rear end of the fuel rail (the long sausage shaped apparatus with injector tubes coming off it), the sensor is close to the firewall and about half way down the engine.

The plug's not easy to get to, but once you've located it you can go by feel.

The sensor plug has a tab on it that has to be squeezed very firmly in order to release the plug from the sensor. Squeeze the tab and simultaneously wiggle it and pull it rearwards. Be very careful not to bend any pins.
    2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Quinno
      • May 2008

Thanks KB. I was looking in the wrong spot. Just about need to be a one arm bandit to get in there. Got the Chip It installed. Now for some playing with the various programs to see what suits me best. I am after economy on long runs and driveability around town. I am not power hungry (however I won't argue with a bit more).
      2010 PB Challenger. Kings KCRR23 and 55H, sliders, front bar, warn winch, light force HID, 90L aux tank donated from NH Paj.

1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.

Comment

• beagle1
        • Feb 2013
        • SEQ

Originally posted by Quinno View Post
        Thanks KB. I was looking in the wrong spot. Just about need to be a one arm bandit to get in there. Got the Chip It installed. Now for some playing with the various programs to see what suits me best. I am after economy on long runs and driveability around town. I am not power hungry (however I won't argue with a bit more).

I run mine on 4 and very pleased with it. Have achieved as low as high 6's on some rural trips and usually around 8 to 9 on freeway use. Around 16's towing 2.5t van held in 4th at around 90kph. Fitting the rail plug is a turd , but it gets easier every time. If you think it's not doing much, install the bypass plug, if you have one, and you'll notice the diff straight off...
        2012 auto, Chip-It, Firestone air bags, Double tranny coolers.

Comment

• Quinno
          • May 2008

beagle, wow 6's. I was struggling to get under 11.5 to 11.9 stock. Was starting to p### me off. keen to see how it goes with chip.

Comment

• PBCHARLIE
            • Oct 2020
            • brisbane

Originally posted by Quinno View Post
            beagle, wow 6's. I was struggling to get under 11.5 to 11.9 stock. Was starting to p### me off. keen to see how it goes with chip.
            Good Morning
            Founds this post in my ever frustrating search to sort my car out. I am having rather annoying issues with stalling / limp mode. have worked through a number of things. It is a 2010 PB challenger.

I am about to take off a chip that has been fitted to this car to see if it is faulty or not. Did you manage to get to the sensor plug in spot at back of fuel rail without taking off other parts. Looking at mine, I think I am going to have to remove the EGR valve at least and possibly the throttle body assembly to make some room?

thoughts? TIA

Comment

• Kingbrown
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2012
              • Port Augusta - SA

Originally posted by PBCHARLIE View Post
              Good Morning
              Founds this post in my ever frustrating search to sort my car out. I am having rather annoying issues with stalling / limp mode. have worked through a number of things. It is a 2010 PB challenger.

I am about to take off a chip that has been fitted to this car to see if it is faulty or not. Did you manage to get to the sensor plug in spot at back of fuel rail without taking off other parts. Looking at mine, I think I am going to have to remove the EGR valve at least and possibly the throttle body assembly to make some room?

thoughts? TIA
              Definitely no other engine components to remove on my PB manual in order to access the rail sensor plug. Removal of the battery makes the task much easier.

I've previously done mine from above but have since wondered whether it could be accessed via the rear rubber flap in the wheel arch.
              2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• PBCHARLIE
                • Oct 2020
                • brisbane

HMM It looks quite tight in the back of mine. Possibly my height might infringe my reach into there . I couldn't get my hand down there far enough to get a good grip

just praying that this fixes my issue because I am running out of options at this point...

Comment

• itsamitsi
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2015
                  • Hervey Bay Queensland

Go through the wheel arch, way easier.
                  Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X