• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

2013 Outlander Review

Will be having a look at the new era MY 2013 Outlander for a few days.
    This one the LS model but packed with the 2.2 Diesel and six speed auto.

I will be posting observations in during the week and a summary next week.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Reading with interest......The mrs wrote her bus off last week, so we need options for a replacement
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Well with a Owners Manual of 596 pages and Audio Display Manual of 72 pages it looks like I have a bit of reading to do

Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• robshep
        • Feb 2009
        • Patterson Lakes Vic 3197

The mark on the front panel is a reflection, not a scrape???

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

Originally posted by robshep View Post
          The mark on the front panel is a reflection, not a scrape???
          Yeah no marks on it . Actually someone commented on it last night and I had to go out and make sure it wasn't a scrape of some sort. Always freaks you out parking in shopping centres.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pickle
            Administrator
            • Jun 2007
            • All over Oz

Fuel run today. From Deer Park to Ballarat doing exactly 99.7 klms . Got the fuel consumption down to 6.3 on the run up the hill (according to trip computer) and 5.8 on the way back. Official figure for run to Ballarat was 5.7 lts/100klms. Not ideal conditions as it was pretty windy and raining once up top of the Pentland Hills so I reckon it could have done better.

NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Had the chance to put it through it's paces offroad today. I will let the pictures tell the story but fairly impressed where it went considering the mud and road tyre pressure. I'm just so impressed with the 2.2 and six speed box in this. They just seem to shake hands.....and I thought the 1.8 DID out of the ASX was a package but the 2.2 is another notch up!
              Videos can be viewed @ Pajeropoint (Facebook)

Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

Another fuel econmy run this morning. I checked on the tyre pressures after the first fuel run and found them down to 29/30. Put the correct pressure of 35 psi in them and got even better fuel figures. 5.5 ltr/ 100klms is not bad going for this .

Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pickle
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2007
                  • All over Oz

Ha, and I thought 5.5 was good. Travelled to club meet last night got me down to 4.8. Not bad from Deer Park to Glen Waverly along the Monash Freeway. That wasn't in Eco mode either so totally blown away at the fuel consumption of the diesel Outlander.

Dave
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pearcie
                    BushSkinz 4x4
                    • Nov 2007
                    • Wattagans

Looks good Dave,
                    We ended up visiting Cormac at Sydney City Mitsubishi the other day and walked out with the papers to a new Outlander Aspire Diesel Auto with the Premium pack, mud flaps, blue interior illumination, blue illuminated scuff plates, mats and towbar. Positively the best new car purchasing experience we have ever had, big thanks to Cormac and the team there for helping us out and entertaining our 2yr old while he tore the place apart.

So if anybody out there knows anyone that would like a 14 month old 9th gen civic sport let me know so we can let her go and move to the bigger vehicle.

Fingers crossed we can see some of those sub 5L/100km figures you managed to get.... Thanks for the photo's of it going offroad, I will use them to convince the mrs we can take the outlander on all our non proper 4x4 touring.

Cheers,
                    Kieron
                    2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
                    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2000
                      • Tasmania

thats phenomenal fuel consumption.

Now lets get serious, does it have dual range?? or is it a pretend one?
                      NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
                      NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• Pearcie
                        BushSkinz 4x4
                        • Nov 2007
                        • Wattagans

Its a pretend one I believe mate, definitely doesn't have low range but it does have a low option you can lock in on the auto box. Not exactly sure what it does I'm sure Dave would know but definitely not a proper low range.

Cheers,
                        Kieron
                        2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
                        Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Nup, no low range on the Outlander. Although once in 4WD Lock it is quite capable on reasonable terrain. At the end of the day the user will define where it should and should not go.
                          I must say the 2.2 with the six speed auto is fairly impressive.
                          Dave
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pickle
                            Administrator
                            • Jun 2007
                            • All over Oz

Originally posted by Pearcie View Post
                            Looks good Dave,
                            We ended up visiting Cormac at Sydney City Mitsubishi the other day and walked out with the papers to a new Outlander Aspire Diesel Auto with the Premium pack, mud flaps, blue interior illumination, blue illuminated scuff plates, mats and towbar. Positively the best new car purchasing experience we have ever had, big thanks to Cormac and the team there for helping us out and entertaining our 2yr old while he tore the place apart.

So if anybody out there knows anyone that would like a 14 month old 9th gen civic sport let me know so we can let her go and move to the bigger vehicle.

Fingers crossed we can see some of those sub 5L/100km figures you managed to get.... Thanks for the photo's of it going offroad, I will use them to convince the mrs we can take the outlander on all our non proper 4x4 touring.

Cheers,
                            Kieron

You will love it Kieron, the Aspire is the one I was trying to get to test drive but every other bugger was booking it out. Certainly a host of features that should keep you and the family safe and cosy. Look forward to any comments in the future on it.
                            Dave
                            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• arist
                              • Jul 2013
                              • Victoris

Diesel Aspire

Hello All

We got a Diesel Aspire a week ago...been putting it through its paces.... its not a bad piece of kit... we had tried the other engine options the (petrol) 2.0 and the 2.4 but found them lacking in power.

Cant fault the power of the diesel ..once up to speed in Eco it keeps climbing the big road hills with ease.

Although we got the Aspire we did not get the Nav MMCS unit... it was another 5K to get that included with the premium package... debating having an Eclipse AVN827GA installed...the Voice control button Ive heard should still work...as well as all the other steering controls.

Not quite getting the amazing fuel consumption seen by Pickle

Best so far is 6.5Litres per 100Klm's in Eco oneway on the highway to Cooma ..on the way back we got best of 6.8

Around town we are getting about 7.5 ....still not bad...but I cant see us getting into the 5's let alone the 4's ...I wonder what others are getting to compare...Ive been driving like a sloth trying to keep the Eco bar green at all times lol!
                              Last edited by arist; 28-07-13, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X