Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Mitsubishi News

Mitsubishi News Whats happening in the world of Mitsubishi.

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I just spent (wasted) 13 minutes (plus ads) watching this. As usual, the language is gutter stuff, but in this case I think he has a point. The 10 year warranty really means nothing in my book. If you take your vehicle to the dealer for service it MAY mean something when you go to trade it is for a new vehicle, but I reckon the biggest factor in trade in price is how you personally have maintained the vehicle - how many scratches and dents in the thing, hoe clean is it, how are the tyres etc. A properly serviced vehicle (be it by private or commercial or dealer) is worth more than one with suspect history. As for the quality of dealer service, there has been enough said in this forum over the years about that...

My main issue with the 10 year warranty is that I seriously doubt that Mitsubushi Motors Australia who offer this warranty will no exist in 10 years time. Who or what will be responsible for the warranty then?
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post

My main issue with the 10 year warranty is that I seriously doubt that Mitsubushi Motors Australia who offer this warranty will no exist in 10 years time. Who or what will be responsible for the warranty then?

Ask Holden But I dont think MMAL will close in 10 years. The renault nissan alliance has positioned MM into Asian Pacific region and kicked MM out of other markets, here is where MM live. Servicing with MMAL to keep the warranty is the biggest Bull*&t. Instead, keep servicing with MM may make my paj' life suffer.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
I just spent (wasted) 13 minutes (plus ads) watching this. As usual, the language is gutter stuff, but in this case I think he has a point. The 10 year warranty really means nothing in my book. If you take your vehicle to the dealer for service it MAY mean something when you go to trade it is for a new vehicle, but I reckon the biggest factor in trade in price is how you personally have maintained the vehicle - how many scratches and dents in the thing, hoe clean is it, how are the tyres etc. A properly serviced vehicle (be it by private or commercial or dealer) is worth more than one with suspect history. As for the quality of dealer service, there has been enough said in this forum over the years about that...

There is also if you read the warranty one other point i picked up on,

UP SELL, they say it needs doing/ fixing general wear & tear? Written also in a quite ambiguous way, for interpretation, which will definately be by no accident what i read anyhow.

I'm a salesman, not cars, so probably makes me a sceptic .
I read it as a sales tool, it's an "extended warranty" & Mitsy have you hook line & sinker using genuine consumables for 10 years + what ever else they decide you need to replace as general wear & tear .
How much it costs to administer the warranty will have a bearing on how tough they are, that's just a fact of life, might be quite felxible if it's working well for them, but rest assured the dealers mechanics whom are more than likely on a bonus for up sell will have their eyes open for possible earns they could make themselves for any extra work & more genuine parts.

I have often wondered also at the wholesale level do warranty clerks have some sort of reverse bonuses? They have a budget for money not spent etc & receive a bonus?
My dealings with some bigger organisations is you would have to think they do, it's like it's coming out of their own pocket & maybe it is has been the conclusion i've come too.

Bit left field but Toyota's 1KD-FTV engines in there Hilux's & Prado's must be costing a motza on a world scale, Cracked pistons.
Chuggy chug, choof choof, short motor is the common fix & good will warranty due to our consumer laws i imagine that is why, is becoming more & more common. Out of warranty good will warranty as we have laws in Australia & they know it.

Already one class action for DPF's for this company

My Cadogan raises some good points though

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: