• Show
Clear All
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Making a Galah of himself

This is Mr Biggles.
    Chele and I rescued him about a week before Christmas after he was attacked by a group of Magpies.

He could fly but not real well and landings were a bit rough.

I think he had a real bad day. Jumped out the nest a bit too early, spend all day looking for something to eat and finally had the snot beaten out of him by a bunch of Pt Adelaide Supporters.

He was sitting by the side of the road and we were a bit worried that he would get run over so Chele asked me to try and catch him. I’m not sure if Chele doesn’t know how hard a Galah can bite or if she just figured it was worth the risk seeing it was my finger.

Anyway, I put my hand down towards him and he jumped on. I don’t think he cared anymore after the day he had.

He can still fly, we haven’t cut his wing, but he chooses to sit on me most of the time and have his head scratched. He has a perch inside and a cage but he only sleeps in his cage or when I’m not home so he is safe from the dogs.

Anyway, meet Mr Biggles.

Steve
    Attached Files
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Sounds like the bird was hand reared Ticky and has escaped possibly even captive bred.

A wild Galah would not jump onto your arm trust me.

Read up on it's feeding do's and don'ts.

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Cute!
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• ticky
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2015
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
        Sounds like the bird was hand reared Ticky and has escaped possibly even captive bred.

A wild Galah would not jump onto your arm trust me.

Read up on it's feeding do's and don'ts.
        I have hand reared a couple of parrots including a Galah.
        Its unlikely he was hand reared as there was no food stuck to his feathers and I couldn't get him to take any food. although he likes being with me he is very skittish and afraid of anyone else.

it is possible he was born in captivity and escaped but it's also possible he was tied and hungry and had had a really bad day and just decided to take a chance. Who knows.

he is becoming a good mate anyway.

steve
        2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X