• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mundy55
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2015
    • Gold Coast

workshop manual

Tried to buy a workshop manual today from the stealer but they said they don't sell to the public. I can only see one advertised on youtube for $US20. Has anyone used this and found it ok or can you tell me where I can buy one? On CD of course.
  • Quadcam
    • May 2008
    • Brisbane

Maybe try a different dealer? When I bought the current Mitsu I made it a condition of vehicle purchase that I could buy a Service CD. They were concerned I was going to post it on the internet but I said I want to be able to look at wiring diagrams, etc if it ever stopped in the middle of nowhere.
    ZH Outlander VRX previously NS X V6 - RDL

Comment

• Mundy55
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Gold Coast

Thanks Vladguan.

Should have thought of it when I bought, Quadcam. Said the same thing to the parts people when they asked why I needed it.

Comment

• vladguan
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Mundy55 View Post
        Thanks Vladguan.

Should have thought of it when I bought, Quadcam. Said the same thing to the parts people when they asked why I needed it.
        If you use wget or similar, you can download the whole website and put on a disc and run off it.
        Please call me Vlad.
        -----------------------
        MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• sharkcaver
          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Originally posted by Quadcam View Post
          Maybe try a different dealer? When I bought the current Mitsu I made it a condition of vehicle purchase that I could buy a Service CD. They were concerned I was going to post it on the internet but I said I want to be able to look at wiring diagrams, etc if it ever stopped in the middle of nowhere.
          I looked at a new NX today myself. One of my conditions was also the workshop manual. I did this with a lancer we purchased a couple of years ago and there was no drama, they just had to order it in.

Searching I did today - I could only find a MY13 NW CD Rom. Part #au900300.

I have asked dealer to find current number for MY16 and add it to the bill of sale. Waiting a phone call now to see if I jump ship or not. See how sharp his pencil really is I guess.
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• colins
            • Feb 2020
            • SCARBOROUGH

NX - How do i get behind the RADIO / DASH

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
            I looked at a new NX today myself. One of my conditions was also the workshop manual. I did this with a lancer we purchased a couple of years ago and there was no drama, they just had to order it in.

Searching I did today - I could only find a MY13 NW CD Rom. Part #au900300.

I have asked dealer to find current number for MY16 and add it to the bill of sale. Waiting a phone call now to see if I jump ship or not. See how sharp his pencil really is I guess.
            Has anybody been able to get a NX model workshop manual on CD or On-Line?
            Please let me know?

Cheers

Comment

• vladguan
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by colins View Post
              Please let me know?

Cheers
              There is literally no difference between the 2013 and 2018 besides DPF and MMES and DRLs. The Russian page I mentioned had technical manual, workshop manual and repair manual
              Please call me Vlad.
              -----------------------
              MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• colins
                • Feb 2020
                • SCARBOROUGH

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
                There is literally no difference between the 2013 and 2018 besides DPF and MMES and DRLs. The Russian page I mentioned had technical manual, workshop manual and repair manual
                Awesome, cheers

Comment

• s311_bvm
                  • Oct 2011
                  • AUS

Please let me know?

Cheers
                  I have it, the 2017 MY NX Pajero Workshop and Body repair manual part number is AU900574
                  It can be purchased from the local Mitsubishi Service department, I paid $145.

It can be difficult to purchase there is something different about the ordering process to get it.

It’s sold at the service counter not the spare parts counter (small dealers may be the same counter).

My local dealer made the process problematic and told me they could not order it after taking my money in full 30 min prior. I contacted Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd HQ, explained the problem and asked for help. They confirmed they had stock, then over a number of days MMAL coached the local service department on the process of how to order the manual from HQ.

I specifically wanted the 2017 NX manual for the DPF information.
                  Last edited by s311_bvm; 26-04-20, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Morville
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Buxton Vic

I seem to recall that motor manufacturers must supply a service manual on request to independent service centres or individuals. However manufacturers and dealers are not keen for this to happen and are playing hardball. MMA seem to be no exception to this.
                    A similar topic in the USA action is being taken called "Right to Repair", major machinery manufacturers mainly John Deere, but probably including other makes are refusing to provide diagnostic and repair software to machinery repairers and owners of tractors, harvesters and other complex machines. These machines now have sophisticated computer systems and faults cannot be diagnosed or repaired without the necessary computers and software that is only available to dealers.
                    Action is being taken by consumer groups to remedy this but with much pushback from the manufacturers and dealers.
                    The ACCC here in Oz is taking some interest in this for Australian farmers, but we won't hold our breath for them to act.
                    Service manuals being available for our cars has some parallels to this.
                    Peter

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

MMAL provide a disc copy of every service manual to the National Library and the SA Stare Library, which you can borrow.

Australia’s free online research portal. Trove is a collaboration between the National Library of Australia and hundreds of Partner organisations around Australia.

OJ.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Greater Sydney

Please let me know?

Cheers
                        PM sent.

Comment

• colins
                          • Feb 2020
                          • SCARBOROUGH

Originally posted by s311_bvm View Post
                          I have it, the 2017 MY NX Pajero Workshop and Body repair manual part number is AU900574
                          It can be purchased from the local Mitsubishi Service department, I paid $145.

It can be difficult to purchase there is something different about the ordering process to get it.

It’s sold at the service counter not the spare parts counter (small dealers may be the same counter).

My local dealer made the process problematic and told me they could not order it after taking my money in full 30 min prior. I contacted Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd HQ, explained the problem and asked for help. They confirmed they had stock, then over a number of days MMAL coached the local service department on the process of how to order the manual from HQ.

I specifically wanted the 2017 NX manual for the DPF information.
                          Thanks for that - my problem is with the HANDS_FREE speaker as it used to work and now the hands_free speaker is not audible - perhaps a plug has come loose. Cheers

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2019
                            • Victoria

Originally posted by Morville View Post
                            I seem to recall that motor manufacturers must supply a service manual on request to independent service centres or individuals. However manufacturers and dealers are not keen for this to happen and are playing hardball. MMA seem to be no exception to this.
                            A similar topic in the USA action is being taken called "Right to Repair", major machinery manufacturers mainly John Deere, but probably including other makes are refusing to provide diagnostic and repair software to machinery repairers and owners of tractors, harvesters and other complex machines. These machines now have sophisticated computer systems and faults cannot be diagnosed or repaired without the necessary computers and software that is only available to dealers.
                            Action is being taken by consumer groups to remedy this but with much pushback from the manufacturers and dealers.
                            The ACCC here in Oz is taking some interest in this for Australian farmers, but we won't hold our breath for them to act.
                            Service manuals being available for our cars has some parallels to this.
                            Peter

Dealers cannot supply manuals as such anymore, they are on the MUT, However if someone asks us for pages, and know exactly what they want, we are more than happy to print some off, within reason, of course. If you ask for 50 pages, you might get short shrift, but if you want 10 pages or so, no problem. Golden coloured beverages always make people more helpful
                            2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X