• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lukeric
    • Mar 2012
    • NSW

Waeco cfx 75/90 dz

HI All, ive been looking at the waeco cfx 75dz and 90dz.
    I really like the layout of them being not so tall.

I have found it really difficult finding any useful information/reviews on them.

Does any members here own one?

What are the real world power draw stats? Apparently it runs a variable motor, so the stated Amps isint necessarily what it will pull when cycling.

They've been out for a few years now, any problems or issues?
    The cfx range are supposed to be much better than the problematic cf range from what i read.

I currently have the original Evacool fridge with the motor in the box, 50l but looking for something a little bigger. I know it runs on average at about 0.9 A/h.

Thanks
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

I have a Waeco CFX50, and although its not the 75/90, I can confirm the CFX50 is the best fridge I own. I also have an engel 40, a CF-25 and an Evakool FM-70.

The VMSO variable speed unit makes my CFX50 more efficient than any other fridge I've tested - and I've tested about 1/2 a dozen to date:

A quick review and power consumption of a 40L Engel, 30 years apart: ( Edit: March 2014 -What started out as a test of an old and new Eng...

(i've lost all my pics thanks be to photobucket and this entry is still to be rectified. However, there are some comparative power values buried in all the text)

In fact, I was away last week and conducted a side by side test of the CFX50 V's the Bushman in 52L config. The Waeco wins again.

Currently uploading a vid I made of the test. I will link it when its published.

If the CFX75 would fit the hole in my camper, the Evakool would be getting the flick.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

ere ya go!

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• lukeric
        • Mar 2012
        • NSW

Thanks sharkcaver

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X