• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • csimic
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Maitland

SPV Industries Plug and Play EGR Mod

I received my MK3 Plug and Play EGR Unit for my 2010 NT Pajero 3.2 litre auto wagon yesterday by registered mail. Believe me it is the best money I have ever spent on the Pajero. I put in on in less than 5 minutes, I think my 12 year old could have done it has quick.

The Paj now has no flat spots when pulling onto roundabouts etc, the turbo just spools up nicely there is no rough idle when stopped at traffic lights etc. something that various dealerships have been trying to fix since I purchase the car new and I think it may use less fuel but I have only done 80 kms since I fitted it.

I cannot wait to tell my friends with other Pajero about it. Is there anything else I should buy off you to make it run better. Many thanks to Tony and Libby of SPB Industries I have a different car. [email protected] It took me about 4-5 minutes to fit and would take about 2 mins to remove. MH
    2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads
  • Paj People 2009
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2009
    • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

HI,

Yes it is so simple to fit - I'm glad we got one too! With the catch can, it can only be a plus.

Haven't really noticed any change though, engine still running at 86-88 degrees, no run on - same good fuel econ. But it stops the gunk and that's why we got it. I'm sure it must be good for the car not to be chocking up with black carbon!

Thanks to Tony for his prompt reply to all emails and great service.
    Highly recommend.
    Cheers,
    Sally
    SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• d1xon
      • Mar 2013
      • QLD

Just fitted mine, it does exactly as it says on the tin. EGR 0%. Have not noticed any other differences, not that I was expecting any.

Comment

• nicinnz
        • Aug 2009
        • Arrowtown New Zealand

Fitted mine the other day a week after I did the manifold clean, only difference I noticed is on cold start up, and on a cold morning aprox 4 degrees it idles slightly higher about 750 rpm.
        Excellent service from Tony and his wife Libby, I received the unit in under a week and that was to New Zealand.
        NH 3.0L V6, snorkel, 265/75R16 Kumho KL71's King springs, Rear diff lock, Warn 9000lb winch
        NW Exceed nudge bar Hella Rally 4000,s
        ASX 4WD Sport 17"alloys

Comment

• traktor
          • Oct 2013
          • sydney

I'm waiting for SPVi EGR Module Mk3.1 and OBDLink MX to be delivered.
          To my understanding SPVi Mk3.1 has a switch to turn it on/off. Did anyone played with it, turning it on/off and comparing an outcome?
          NW M14, GLXR, spare wheel lift kit, MM tow bar, bushskinz front/sump/auto/trans/rear bumper guards and side steps, rhino pioneer platform, ARB delux bullbar

Comment

• Paj People 2009
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi,

No, the SPV EGR Mk3.1 doesn't have an on/off button. It is just plug in. If you want to turn it off, just unplug it - takes 2 seconds.

I think you're thinking of the Mk2 version, in which you can order a switch with it.

You're OBD MX is for Torque - different things! I use a PLX OBD unit with ours and it has a switch on it to turn it off.

Cheers,
            Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

Comment

• traktor
              • Oct 2013
              • sydney

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
              Hi,

No, the SPV EGR Mk3.1 doesn't have an on/off button. It is just plug in. If you want to turn it off, just unplug it - takes 2 seconds.

I think you're thinking of the Mk2 version, in which you can order a switch with it.

You're OBD MX is for Torque - different things! I use a PLX OBD unit with ours and it has a switch on it to turn it off.

Cheers,
              Sally
              Yes, you are right SPV EGR Mk3.1does not have a switch, I confused it with Mk2 version.
              OBD MX is for monitoring vehicle parameters using Torque application running on an Android tablet/smartphone, and it does not have on/off button to my understanding.
              My apologies for not being clear, my question was about playing with SPV Mk2 on/off button in various driving conditions and observing the effect of EGR. It would be interesting to make a comparison.
              NW M14, GLXR, spare wheel lift kit, MM tow bar, bushskinz front/sump/auto/trans/rear bumper guards and side steps, rhino pioneer platform, ARB delux bullbar

Comment

• Paj People 2009
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2009
                • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

No worries...glad you have it sorted!

Haven't noticed any changes with the SPV Mod (Mk3) at all, but will have a look at Torque when we next use the van in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
                Sally

Comment

• phil91
                  • Oct 2014
                  • mt gambier

spv contact

Cant seem to get a reply about the egr mod, does anyone have a.contact phone number for spv industries

Comment

• PAJ30
                    • Oct 2011
                    • Townsville

Cant seem to get a reply about the egr mod, does anyone have a.contact phone number for spv industries
                    Yep same here, sent a read receipt just so I know it had been read and will be in touch soon but nothing yet fingers still crossed
                    NS Cool Silver 25th Anniversary Edition with family pack. ARB Sahara bar with winch, dual batts, 2inch lift and 275/65R18's BFG Race pipe and HPD can and rear diff lock.

Comment

• Naviguesser
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • Crib Point Vic

Tony contacted me immediately when I inquired.

I am overseas working at the moment, but am ordering as soon as I get back
                      MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                      ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                      TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                      Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Roley
                        • Oct 2013
                        • Bedfordale Perth

I order my MK 3.1 on Thursday and have had some correspondence with Libby ( Tony's wife ). I should see it next week.
                        Seems very good to deal with.
                        NT 2011 GLS, Firestone Airbags, Dual Batteries, Redarc SBI12 Isolator , BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Guards, Uniden UHF, Cooper ST MAXX 265/70/17, SPV Mk3.1, Rear Skid Plate, 28" Light Bar, Foxwing Awning, MX Ultraguage, Old Man Emu 2" Lift, Tracklander Roof Rack.

Comment

• lukeferg
                          • Mar 2009
                          • Emerald

anyone have a photo of the unit standalone and when it is fitted to the vehicle??

cheers
                          2011 NT RX DID Cool Silver | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP 12V Dyneema BLACK Premium Edition | Lovells/Bilsteins HD 2" Lift | Safari Snorkel | Bushskinz Bashplates | MM Towbar | SPV EGR Mod | Gme 4400 UHF | RFI CDQ5000B Antenna | Rhino Pioneer Platform | IPF XS900 HID |40" 240w Lightbar | 80AH SSB Dual batt | Redarc BCDC1220 | TJM Canvas Seat Covers rear Black Sheeps Wool Covers front | 18W Twin Rear Lightbars | Bushskinz Side Steps

OLD CAR 2001 NM V6

Comment

• Rovingman
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2014
                            • Blue mountains

Originally posted by lukeferg View Post
                            anyone have a photo of the unit standalone and when it is fitted to the vehicle??

cheers
                            Page 6 I think this is I what your after.

Pajero NT RX 2011
                            Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                            LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• NFT5
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • Canberra

Originally posted by lukeferg View Post

cheers
                              This will work a little better

Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X