• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bennyb29
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2015
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
    As someone who has had 2 lift up tailgates and lots of side opening ones, advantage for lift up include, easier trailer coupling, full open access when coupled, instant sun shade / umbrella roadside etc. It was the decider in the end at last vehicle change when shopping Pajero vs Pajero Sport.
    I don't tow at all, and so never realized this was an issue. Thanks for clarifying.
    Agree with the sunshade/umbrella part.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Pics here

Nearly there
      Infotainment screen looks like a 10" jobbie
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

That looks much better.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• 4wdreaming
          • Jun 2019
          • mackay

New Pics

Mitsubishi Motors Australia. 150,079 likes · 1,617 talking about this. Welcome to the Official Mitsubishi Motors Australia Facebook page. This is the perfect place to share your passion, stories and...

Comment

• Pickle
            Administrator
            • Jun 2007
            • All over Oz

The official MMC blurb on it

New PAJERO SPORT adopts a more refined, powerful appearance, complemented with a refreshed interior that delivers quality and comfort. Easy-to-read 8 inch color LCD meter is newly adopted, and the Power Tailgate allows users to open and close the tailgate with a smartphone. PAJERO SPORT is one of MMC's global strategic models and has approximate 77,000 units sold globally in fiscal 2018. Manufactured at Laem Chabang plant of MITSUBISHI MOTORS (Thailand) Co.,Ltd., the company's local production and distributor, the new PAJERO SPORT will eventually be sold in some 90 countries including the Philippines and Australia.

*MONTERO SPORT in some regions.

New PAJERO SPORT

Product overview
            Fused with sedan-like comfort and functionality, the new PAJERO SPORT inherits the PAJERO series off-road capability, reliability and durability in a mid-size SUV.

It was redesigned with the theme of Elevate your Journey. It features more powerful yet refined exterior, high quality and comfortable interior with advanced functions. The new PAJERO SPORT is created to meet the drivers' desire for exploration and adventure.

(1)Exterior design accentuates wide, sculptured and powerful appearance
            The MITSUBISHI MOTORS' signature Dynamic Shield front view design concept has been further evolved on the new PAJERO SPORT while securing good visibility, emphasizing the sense of wideness with the headlights continuing from the front grille and the combination lamps at the bumper corners. The higher bonnet of the vehicle exhibits a deeper front face, while a more solid, powerful chrome part design projects a more refined, sophisticated appearance.

(2)Advanced and convenient new components

Easy-to-read 8 inch color LCD meter, and 8 inch Smartphone-Link Display Audio (SDA).
            Power Tailgate (safety mechanism included) with a new hands-free feature.
            MITSUBISHI Remote Control offers a number of functions that facilitate ease of access. It will send notification to the driver's smartphone to lock the doors via the app when the driver leaves the vehicle with the doors unlocked. The Power Tailgate can be opened or closed by smartphone. In addition, the tailgate reservation system can be preset by smartphone anywhere, which enables the driver to open or close the tailgate automatically when he/she approaches or leaves the vehicle. The keyless operation system is effective between the vehicle and within Bluetooth* operating range.

(3)High quality and comfortable interior

Refreshed floor console and soft padded interior door handles enhance the overall interior look with quality and comfort.
            Storage tray that sits under the floor console can be accessible from left and right sides. New AC power outlet added on the existing USB plug at the console rear panel improves usability for all passengers.

(4)Integrated vehicle performance

The 2.4L MIVEC turbo diesel and an 8-speed automatic transmission delivers excellent environmental and smooth performance.
            Enhanced safety features with the addition of Lane Change Assist (LCA) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) functions.
            The new PAJERO SPORT retains the Super-Select 4WD-II system that delivers optimal traction for all surfaces and confidence-inspiring handling characteristics. The off-road mode with a newly designed switch on 4WD models elevates all-terrain performance and self-extraction capability through the integrated control of engine output, transmission settings and brake power.

* Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc. of America and is used by MMC under license
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• littleriver
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2013
              • Queensland

4x4 Australia

2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport debuts

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Ian H
                Valued Member
                • May 2015
                • Melbourne

Lots of pics and good internals here....

Mitsubishi is giving the third-generation Pajero Sport / Montero Sport a mid-cycle refresh with some big design changes at the front and more safety tech.

I'm liking this one.....next year I'll be making the move I think.
                2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• denisp
                  • Dec 2018
                  • Mt Eliza

Just looked at a youtube of the 2020 PS. A bit of styling change for sure. The big thing was the 8" screen for the dash and the different media player layout. On the video it shows a Navy screen different than Waze or Google Navigator. No large blank area of destination information reducing the area of the map. Wonder if they have dropped Android Auto or got a better Navigation program for the new model.
                  Denis

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Victoria

Originally posted by denisp View Post
                    Wonder if they have dropped Android Auto or got a better Navigation program for the new model.
                    Denis

Using TOMTOM maps for Navigation
                    2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• nvll.mrrs
                      • Sep 2019
                      • NZ

I have had my new PS almost 3 weeks now and love it. I looked at the Mux and my wife loved it but I could not find a comfortable driving position, the steering wheel was too far away for me. I am 6ft 2 tall and need the seat back and I prefer a reclined back when driving distances. With the PS the steering column is telescopic and I could find a sweet spot.

I don't give a dam about the tail lights as that only bothers the people following me. The tow bar kind of distracts from them anyway.

The biggest deal breaker for me was the NZ MMC 10year drive train warranty.

Isuzu only have 3 years. Plus every thing in the Mu x screamed dinosaur.

I tried the Holden Trailblazer and yes heaps of power but thats where it ended. Terrible handling at speed and tinny as. Very noisy, horrible ride.

My plan is to keep it for 10 years then I will be finished with 4x4 as I'll be probably be in a Zimmer frame or mobility scooter [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

My ony gripe is my LG G6 phone only works on bluetooth. I therefore have no satnav. Very annoying seems like missleading advertising to me.

I got the top model in NZ which at $49990 was a bargin compared to other brands. Unfortunately it has no powered tailgate.

But over many years I have learned there is no perfect car they all have compromises.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Comment

• SergeyAU
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Perth

When is this due in Australia? Says early next year. My gripe is with child seats - I really hope they have relocated the tether points to the back of the seats. If it's still the same ceiling mount crap, then still no go for me

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Victoria

I had my first drive of one today. Exceed. Not very different to QE in that respect, instrument panel is cool, and steering wheel now has twice as many buttons on it.

New SDA (audio system) with volume knobs :-) instead of buttons and larger screen

New front end looks nice, guards and headlights sit a little higher. New DRL and indicator units with turning lights built in. Front camera low under number plate.

Electric tailgate is a handy addition.

Didnt have much time with it being a busy friday afternoon, but hoping to play more next week
                          Last edited by DibbyDibbyDJ; 22-02-20, 03:53 PM.
                          2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• DID Dash
                            • Aug 2016
                            • Australia

Spotted a dark blue QF on the road in Melbourne over the weekend. Looked pretty good. Prompted me to look at Mitsubishi website. Seems they are released now. Haven’t seen anything on the telly. Anyone had a close look?
                            17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• Swayzee
                              • Mar 2020
                              • Prachinburi\Thailand

I have had my new Pajero Sport 2 weeks now (Thailand version because I live in Thailand).

It is a really great car and I love it so far.

I guess the Thai version is quiet similar to the Au version.

Comment

• reelmick
                                • Jun 2014
                                • lake macquarie

QF

ordered a new QF yesterday ,hoping for wednesday pick up and will keep posted with reviews etc. to get some chat going on the forum. Mick

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X