• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bobdown
    • Jan 2012
    • Jervis Bay, NSW

AT Warning lights

Vehicle is a 2011 NT having covered just over 155000km.
    I have been having an intermittent problem over the last 5000km when towing 2.6t caravan in 4H and 4th gear that the front 2 4wd Indicator lights have been flashing randomly. As all seemed well I put this down to a loose connection somewhere as has been reported by others.
    Just recently 400k into a 600k trip on a down hill stretch all of the wheel lights extinguished, but the centre difflock light came on and remained on, I stopped and checked for any error codes reported on the scangauge, - none shown and the ATF temp was normal. After sitting for a while all seemed normal on restarting and we resumed the journey without any further problems.
    Any ideas what may have caused this to occur

Bob
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Tyre rolling radius is critical. I had similar problems with my NW t(manual transmission) towing a 16.5 ft poptop caravan. I tried towing in 4WD but after a while the green dash lights went out and the orange CD light came on. I stopped and put it in 2WD and all was well At the time I had 2 original Bridgestone Highway tread tyres on the front and 2 Hankook AT tyres on the rear. Eventually the front tyres wore out so I put 2 new Hankook AT's on. Now i have 4 tyres nominally the same. All tyres were/are 265/65/17, but obviously the new and old had different rolling radius, because now I can (and do) tow in 4WD all the time with no flashing CD light etc. Changing from 2WD to 4WD and back is now a breeze. Before it used to take forever and often a corrugated gravel road to allow the slight windup which the transmission had to be dumped before the 2WD clutch could be engaged fully. Now it goes within seconds. So check your tyres for differences. Even different tyre pressures can causes this problem, especially if you have a heavy load eg caravan on the rear wheels.

Comment

• Mike DiD
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

My NX had those symptoms at 55k after changing out of 4HLc.

Nothing would clear it - took it to Dealer - they replaced a switch on the Transfer Case under warranty.
      Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X