Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > General Info

General Info Pros and cons of different makes and models (incl. international)

Old 31-07-18
Valued Member

Default Weighed the Paj yesterday

Got away for the weekend chasing some snow (will post another thread on the trip) and pulled into a weighbridge on the way back.

We were packed for 2 nights camping with recovery gear, chains, swags etc. In addition to the items in my sig there is now also a winch up front. 2/3 full of diesel and me and my son (11 yrs).

We came in at 2820kg total, 1300 front axle, 1520 rear axle. The Triton we were with was the same total at 2820 (freaky I know) and 1320 front, 1500 rear.

That is 210 below the GVM of 3030kg. The Triton was only 110 below GVM of 2930kg. Like most say, I didn't realise we'd be quite so heavy. Really keen to weigh the old girl with the camper on (there would be less gear in the car as well).

Cheers,
James
07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
Old 31-07-18
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Same deal here. Weigh bridged mine, full fuel no camping gear, just the day to day stuff. Came in at 2850Kg. I wont tell you what it weighs for an extended trip fully loaded

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 31-07-18
Valued Member

Same here.

2700kg with 1/2 tank of fuel, me and an empty fridge.

Not much weight left to go away camping!

Full fridge, swag, food, water and cooking stuff, misuses, 2x big dogs and a full tank of fuel and a spare jerry would easily be 300kg.
Old 31-07-18
Valued Member

Axis, then add the ball weight to the rear wheel weight and you are close to the margin.
2015 NX GLS, MM Lockup Mate. Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 01-08-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Axis, then add the ball weight to the rear wheel weight and you are close to the margin.
I know. And the wife and daughter as well!! There should be less weight in the Paj for a camper trip though (that might be wishful thinking).

Cheers,
James
07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates