X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lugzy
    • Dec 2009

fog lamps

one of the fog lamps is not working any more. i tired to get the lamp off by removing the front glass but i couldnt. i simply damaged the bulb while the base is still in. i could notice 3 screws in the bottom side of the fittin, and spent half of the day trying to loose these screws without any use. these screws are too rusty and wont get out even after using DW40.
    should try any more or just replace the whole part?

cheers.
    SWB pajero 2006 V6 3L, SWB 2000 V6 3.5L DOHC.
  • Rendrag
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2010
    • Central Coast, NSW

With the rear door open, you'll see a couple of screws going through the housing into the bodywork - undo those, and the whole housing should pop out, towards the outside of the car (aka not towards you after undoing the screws..) - then you just remove the fog light bulb from the housing and replace

Hope that helps!

DG
    VK2TDG/VK2DGJ
    Dip.EE, Dip.IT, GradIEAust, Master Cabler
    '94 3.0L Pajero GLS
    '84 BMW K100RT Starship

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by lugzy View Post
      one of the fog lamps is not working any more. i tired to get the lamp off by removing the front glass but i couldnt. i simply damaged the bulb while the base is still in. i could notice 3 screws in the bottom side of the fittin, and spent half of the day trying to loose these screws without any use. these screws are too rusty and wont get out even after using DW40.
      should try any more or just replace the whole part?

cheers.
      Front or rear fog?
      Plus, you might find you'll receive more helpful responses if this thread was in the Gen 4 section rather than Gen 2.

Steve
      Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
      "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• lugzy
        • Dec 2009

its the front one and its Gen2, indeed i have 2 pajeros
        thanks.
        SWB pajero 2006 V6 3L, SWB 2000 V6 3.5L DOHC.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by lugzy View Post
          its the front one and its Gen2, indeed i have 2 pajeros
          thanks.
          That explains things, corrosion can be a real PITA sometimes, one of my main rear brake-lights had the bulb solidly rusted-in!
          A few pics may help. Also, I presume that the bulb is a halogen & most (like H2) are rear-mounted, so it's probably necessary to remove light-units completely to replace them, but sometimes the only choice is to spray & wait.

Steve
          Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
          "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X