Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 5 Days Ago

Default Up grading reverse lamps

After backing out of the long driveway Weds night I struggled to see the gateposts. I have not had the Challenger long so it hadn't bothered me until then.

So today I decided to up grade the OEM lamps with LED bulbs. I had previously done it to my GU Patrol so I found two more led bulbs and in 5 minutes had fixed that problem.

What I thought I would do is let everyone know what type I used and where to get them.

They are known as BA15S 50 SMD 3W LED Cool White Type 1156. Available on eBay from Aussie suppliers for $8 for 4 of them. They run cool and last for ages.
Careful how many you replace as the Mechanic knocked them back on my Patrol in the Parkers, indicators and side lights when I went for a RWC. What the new owner did with them after the sale was not my problem!

Kerry
Old 2 Days Ago

Kerry - and did they give you a vast improvement?
1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytspb View Post
After backing out of the long driveway Weds night I struggled to see the gateposts. I have not had the Challenger long so it hadn't bothered me until then.

So today I decided to up grade the OEM lamps with LED bulbs. I had previously done it to my GU Patrol so I found two more led bulbs and in 5 minutes had fixed that problem.

What I thought I would do is let everyone know what type I used and where to get them.

They are known as BA15S 50 SMD 3W LED Cool White Type 1156. Available on eBay from Aussie suppliers for $8 for 4 of them. They run cool and last for ages.
Careful how many you replace as the Mechanic knocked them back on my Patrol in the Parkers, indicators and side lights when I went for a RWC. What the new owner did with them after the sale was not my problem!

Kerry
Thank you. Ordered yesterday