Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport

Pajero Sport The Pajero Sport new to Oz

Old 5 Days Ago

Default Charging System

Here is an article on modern charging systems that may interest owners that have second batteries for fridges, radios and other accessories.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Charging_systems_in_modern_vehicles.pdf (37.4 KB, 85 views)
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

I have a 2013 Outlander ( purchased 1 mth ago ) that appears to have a smart alternator. After approx 5 mins, it cuts back to 12V charge, and the only way to "outsmart" it is to turn on the parkers or headlights, when it will go back up to 13.5V, which is still less than the "old" charging voltage of 14.1V of a couple of Hyundai Elantra's I have owned.
Old 5 Days Ago

Default Charging system

I only read this article today on a Amateur radio newsletter and it follows on from a article I wrote on the Ford Ranger dealer alert of a few years ago re the adding of accessories to the positive battery terminal and them not being considered by the electrical system as a extra drain on the battery.
The bulliton also mentioned the problem of RF interference to the Computers from High powered transmitters. I have forgotten most of the technical stuff now.

The author Ian is a real electronics whiz

Kerry
Old 3 Days Ago

Hi Kerry
As you guess I am an amateur radio operator and picked up the article from a newsletter.

I wrote to Mitsubishi Australia asking if they had any information or recommendations regarding installing HF transmitters in their vehicles.
All I got back was a suggestion to check with my dealer, who knew absolutely nothing about HF radios in vehicles.

Many manufacturers do provide bulletins on this topic, suggesting placement of wiring and antennas to avoid interference with vehicle systems as well as limiting vehicle interference to radio reception.