• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hickjo
    • Jun 2017
    • Brisbane

First Pajero, first post!

Hey guys,

Just picked up my first Paj after years of Toyota and Isuzu dual cabs. Bought a new Dmax dual cab and decided the old one had to go...what ever wagon took its place was going to be thoroughly researched as the Dmax in 7 years from new had never let me down. With what I had to spend I narrowed it down to the usual suspects...Prado and Pajero.
    Which ever way I looked at it and by every measure important to me a NT VR-X TD Auto won out over any Prado I looked at and I am not disappointed. I am thankful to all the contributors on this forum as I found out so much useful information about all the aspects that were concerning me before I pulled the trigger....it made the decision so much easier.
    I have a couple of little niggling issues around fuel economy and engine "pulsing" that have arisen that I don't think are right....the engine has a lot of k's but they were apparently easy and it has been regularly serviced and the car's interior and exterior is mint which means to me it's age and k's don't have to mean it's anything major. I'll give it another couple of tanks before I post anything looking for answers.
    Again glad to be part of the forum and look forward to turning my Paj into a solid off road tourer.
    Last edited by hickjo; 19-06-17, 09:46 PM.
    NS VR-X TD Auto, Lovells Gas Legends S3 with King Springs, Dual batteries SBI12D Isolator, Tow Pro 2, OzTrek Soft Floor CT
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Welcome hickjo.

The pulsing may well be a faulty scv....suction control valve. Plenty of treads on here about them.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

NT's are great.

Pulsing usually equals SCV (suction control valve).

Comment

• hickjo
        • Jun 2017
        • Brisbane

Thanks guys! There you go...seen references to SCV's but had no idea what it was. I'll be onto that first thing in the morning!
        NS VR-X TD Auto, Lovells Gas Legends S3 with King Springs, Dual batteries SBI12D Isolator, Tow Pro 2, OzTrek Soft Floor CT

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X