• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brw0513
    • Apr 2018
    • Brisbane

Poor Braking Performance on My NL SWB

My 1998 SWB NL Pajero has very ordinary stopping performance. It does not have ABS.

In recent days I've had two butt puckering episodes in heavy traffic and it left me wondering what I could do to improve braking performance.

I suppose a brake fluid flush and thorough system bleed is easy enough, but I can't imagine that will turn night into day.

Any suggestions?

I should add the emergency braking events were only from around 50km/h. Each event seemed like brake fade where the pedal pressure has no real effect on the deceleration rate. But the brakes would not have been working hard enough for long enough to actually fade.
    Last edited by brw0513; 25-09-19, 11:02 PM.
    Ian B
    1998 NL SWB 6G74 Manual
  • Drewan
    • Apr 2017
    • Adelaide

I replaced my front and rear discs and pads the ones on there looked fine and I wasn't going to bother, but the difference is unbelievable
    Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .

Comment

• TomW
      • Mar 2017
      • Melbourne

I would do brake fluid flush, check all the calipers for leaks / lube the slide pins, make sure there are no tired / cracked hoses etc and probably consider pads and rotors all round if they have not been done for a while. As Drewan pointed out they can look fine but could be glazed, coated with oil etc so not performing to spec. Failing this you may also have a problem with the booster or the master cylinder.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X