• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Croc
    • Dec 2014
    • miranda

Ignition in intake manifold

6G74 3.5l np has unusual problem of having an occasional ignition in the intake manifold that blows the tube off the Pcv valve on turning the key on before turning the engine over. This most often happens after having not been started for a while, or in hot weather. I have replaced the Pcv valve and grommet today, but does anyone have any other ideas?
  • Keithyv
    Valued Member
    • May 2018
    • Perth

Originally posted by Croc View Post
    6G74 3.5l np has unusual problem of having an occasional ignition in the intake manifold that blows the tube off the Pcv valve on turning the key on before turning the engine over. This most often happens after having not been started for a while, or in hot weather. I have replaced the Pcv valve and grommet today, but does anyone have any other ideas?
    Maybe leaky injectors dripping fuel in when the engine is off causing a petrol-rich vapour in there?
    2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
    MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Croc
      • Dec 2014
      • miranda

Thanks for that. I had a similar thought that the injectors may need an overhaul. I am looking for all possibilities before having to do them. Looks like I ll have to bite the bullet and pull em out. Hopefully not as big a job as doing the timing belt. Still got one bolt left over......

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X