• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silver Bullet
    • Dec 2016
    • Gold Coast

2018 Triton Head Unit to NM Pajero?

Hi Everyone,

I've been given the option to pick up a head unit from a 2018 Triton for a great price. I'd be looking to fit this in my Gen 3 NM GLX (without steering controls).

I have been planning to relocate my AC controls using instructions from the forum for some time (thanks forum!), but am wary of the actual stereo install.

The main issue is the unit comes without any plugs / cables / manuals meaning I can't use standard Aerpro ISO harnesses to simplify the install. I'm no auto sparky or car audio installer but I'm motivated/confident and the price is definitely right.

My question for the brains trust are:

a) Is it difficult / expensive to source replacement OEM Plugs & then use standard ISO harnesses? Is there a 3rd Party option?

b) Before I start googling, does anyone have links to the wiring diagrams and user manuals for this unit?

c) Is there anything else I should know? Do the current head units require security codes etc?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Silver Bullet; 29-10-18, 10:37 AM. Reason: Attach photo
  • stoneground
    • Aug 2013
    • Adelaide

Hi Silver,

Is that picture of the unit you'd be installing?

I found this pinout while trying another swap - 6.1" Display Audio unit to 7" Smartphone Link Display Audio in a PC Challenger

The tricky part would be finding a harness, might have to make one up with plugs found somewhere like https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...atId=200000379

No security codes in my limited experience.
    2015 MY14 Auto PC Challenger base model, 265/70R16 MT STZ

Comment

• Silver Bullet
      • Dec 2016
      • Gold Coast

Thanks Stoneground, in the end I passed as I couldn’t find enough info on the head unit. That pic was from the unit and the diagram is exactly what I was after. Would have been good project but thems the breaks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X