• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Having played around with the settings, I tried to get average L/100K but that reading is just way off. It's showing anything from 25L to 75L per 100K, which is completely incorrect (obviously). On my recent trip, the car was telling me that I averaged 11L/100k, so the Ultra Gauge isn't getting it's info from the same sensors.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Kingbrown
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2012
      • Port Augusta - SA

Ian, have you performed the calibration adjustments for distance and fuel on your Ultra gauge ?

For instance, my distance cal is 1.02 and my fuel cal = 0.327.
      2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
        Having played around with the settings, I tried to get average L/100K but that reading is just way off. It's showing anything from 25L to 75L per 100K, which is completely incorrect (obviously). On my recent trip, the car was telling me that I averaged 11L/100k, so the Ultra Gauge isn't getting it's info from the same sensors.
        I gave up. UG Instantaneous would read lower than the bar-graph indication on the dash, but UG average would be above the dash average, and ramp up while the dash was ramping down. Random number generation, as best I could tell.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
          I gave up. UG Instantaneous would read lower than the bar-graph indication on the dash, but UG average would be above the dash average, and ramp up while the dash was ramping down. Random number generation, as best I could tell.
          Same here. Couldnt get a reading that was near what I got by manually checking litres used against mileage.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

Thnaks guys, looks like it just doesn't the info it's getting from the Paj control box.

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
            Ian, have you performed the calibration adjustments for distance and fuel on your Ultra gauge ?

For instance, my distance cal is 1.02 and my fuel cal = 0.327.
            Cheers, I'll check that out.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• 2bad4u
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Perth, Western Australia

Just got myself an Ultragauge (finally) and what a great bit of kit. Most useful is having a more accurate distance to empty reading now after I had an ARB frontier fuel tank fitted and the factory trip computer can't compensate for the larger tank.

Watching the AT temps (thanks Dicko for the settings) when towing is a real eye opener. I have always towed in 4th but to actually see the difference this makes is amazing.
              Warren
              2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
              2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
                Just got myself an Ultragauge (finally) and what a great bit of kit. Most useful is having a more accurate distance to empty reading now after I had an ARB frontier fuel tank fitted and the factory trip computer can't compensate for the larger tank.

Watching the AT temps (thanks Dicko for the settings) when towing is a real eye opener. I have always towed in 4th but to actually see the difference this makes is amazing.

Get yourself the torque converter lock up kit and you,ll really be pleased.
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X