• Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

The things we do for fun?

Attached Files
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
  • twisted32
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

What else are you supposed to do on a Friday afternoon?
    MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by twisted32 View Post
      What else are you supposed to do on a Friday afternoon?

Attached Files
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• twisted32
        • Jan 2015
        • Adelaide

Well yeah, that too...
        MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Photos of the winch recovery?

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Hatto
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2013
            • Mandurah WA

Judging by the view in the wing mirror that looks like a he'll of an angle!
            Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
            ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• twisted32
              • Jan 2015
              • Adelaide

I don't think any photo's were taken of the recovery OJ, we were otherwise occupied ensuring a safe return to level ground....

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
                Judging by the view in the wing mirror that looks like a hell of an angle!
                It certainly felt like it!

From the safety of my lounge room, it doesn't look so bad:

For some reason, I only seem to get myself into these problems when twisted32 is around. He drove his Paj up the other side of the dune, and hooked his winch to my driver's side front recovery point. Then he pulled in on his winch (burying his cable in the process) until I could feel my front starting to be pulled, and I started gently driving forward. This held the front high on the slope, and the rear slewed around & down, until I was comfortable enough to get out and take a few more photos.

twisted32 pulled out his Treds, and went to work putting them under the front tyres, so Stage 2 was a combination of drive / winch the front up the slope, and the rear continued to slew around and down. Then we let the winch out, and I drove back down the slope to the bottom. After disconnecting the winch, I drove forward and we continued playing.

IIRC, drinks were on me that night.
                Attached Files

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• CATs 4x4
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Centurion South Africa

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                  It certainly felt like it!

From the safety of my lounge room, it doesn't look so bad:

For some reason, I only seem to get myself into these problems when twisted32 is around. He drove his Paj up the other side of the dune, and hooked his winch to my driver's side front recovery point. Then he pulled in on his winch (burying his cable in the process) until I could feel my front starting to be pulled, and I started gently driving forward. This held the front high on the slope, and the rear slewed around & down, until I was comfortable enough to get out and take a few more photos.

twisted32 pulled out his Treds, and went to work putting them under the front tyres, so Stage 2 was a combination of drive / winch the front up the slope, and the rear continued to slew around and down. Then we let the winch out, and I drove back down the slope to the bottom. After disconnecting the winch, I drove forward and we continued playing.

IIRC, drinks were on me that night.
                  Eish! That looks like FUN!!!!

Glad you could do it all and still get out safely and using all the toys and gadgets in the process.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
                  2001 Pajero NM 3.2 DiD GLS LWB Manual
                  (Snoopy)Old Man Emu heavy duty suspension-now on Iron man, 265/75/16 BFG A/T tyres, ARB Sahara bar, Warn winch, KC Daylighter and Hella spots, 3 aux Batteries, ARB aircompressor, Safari Snorkel, Outback Roofrack, on board EGT and Tyre Pressure gauge. Factory rear difflock standard :-) - Sadly sold and missed dearly.
                  2008 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Sylvester)-SOLD
                  2009 Pajero NS 3.2 DiDc GLS LWB Auto(Casper)

Comment

• ticky
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2015
                    • Adelaide

Well done Scott & Rob. Not only was it a good recovery, you did pretty well to get into that situation in the first place.

There is still so much of the Drift I havent seen yet, is that up north of the camp area?
                    There appeqrs to be another drift in your mirror, can you get over to that one as well?

Steve
                    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Was a fun day indeed. Most of us needed a shovel or two at some point.
                      Some dune drifting
                      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• nj swb
                        Resident
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by ticky View Post
                        Not only was it a good recovery, you did pretty well to get into that situation in the first place.
                        Getting myself into trouble is a special talent.

There is still so much of the Drift I havent seen yet, is that up north of the camp area?
                        That was the hill just inside the gate, the one OJ calls Hill 7. I reckon you probably drove it.

There appeqrs to be another drift in your mirror, can you get over to that one as well?
                        Aka "Death Valley". "The Beach" is on the far side of that. Again, you were there.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• ticky
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2015
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                          Getting myself into trouble is a special talent.

That was the hill just inside the gate, the one OJ calls Hill 7. I reckon you probably drove it.

Aka "Death Valley". "The Beach" is on the far side of that. Again, you were there.
                          Yep, I went through Death Valley and over hill 7 and played a lot at the beach. It just looks different to me. Must be the camera angle. Or maybe i'm just foncused.

Last Saturday was the first time I stayed past Dark, and I was completely disorientated when I was leaving. Very nice of OJ to follow me out to the first gate, Thanks OJ.

I had a hoot of a time up there, Peake is probably my favourite day trip I reckon.

Steve
                          2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X