• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patriot
    • Feb 2012
    • Queensland

Shock Absorber Replacement

The time has come around to replace the shockies on the 2010 NT Pajero.

The car is used primarily to tow a 2600kg caravan on mainly sealed roads. I do not do much off road work.

The three makes that I am considering are as follows
    1/ TJM XGS Gold Series
    2/ Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport
    3/ Monroe Gas-Magnum TDT.

I would be interested to hear of other forumites experiences and thoughts on these shock absorbers, their value for money and performance. I do not envisage use in extreme off road conditions.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Alan
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

I suspect Monroe Tenix make all 3 of the shockers your are considering.

I also suspect that your springs will be sagged also and this works the shockers harder, coils are cheap at $200 a pair, replacement coils and shockers even without a lift will transform the comfort and handling of your 4wd.

cheer, OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• razorback
      • Nov 2008
      • Cairns QLD

I have the EFS Elite series. They are very good. I have them since 5 years and could not be happier.They have a XTR range for the touring drivers with extra load. They all come with a 3 year/100000km warranty.
      Have a look at their Web site :http://www.efs4wd.com.au/steering-dampers-2
      Pajero NT VRX,3.2DID,Cool Silver, MMC Alu Bull Bar, No-Limt chip+Boost control unit,IPF HID, 65L AUX,Airtech Snorkel,Diff lock and traction control mod,Diff breathers,EFS HD Springs and Shocks,HD Airbag man Airbags,Dual Battery,rear camera on roof rack, Bushskins Inter-cooler+Sump+Trans-guards +Rockslider side steps, 120 Watt LED light bar on roof rack

Comment

• skins2380
        • Jun 2015
        • ACT

Shock Absorber Replacement

Old Jack is spot on. If you do a lot of towing you would be extremely wise to also replace the rear springs with heavy duty springs. Otherwise whatever shocks you get - you will be just wasting your money.

Comment

• Troy711
          Valued Member
          • May 2013
          • Canberra

I can't believe that no one has suggested air bags yet.

Comment

• Darknstormy
            • Aug 2015
            • Adelaide

I've recently installed Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport and love them, The ride is perfect.

Amateur Landscape Photographer
            https://www.facebook.com/darknstormyimages/
            | Mitsubishi Pajero NT RX Dec 2010 3.2L Turbo DID Auto | Cool Silver | SPV EGR Module Mk3.1 | Factory Nudge Bar, King's 9inch LED Spotties | Old Man Emu Shocks | King Springs 2" Lift
            | FuelMaster filter & water trap | Dual Battery, Acdelco 82Ah | Redarc solenoid | Rhino Vortex Roof Racks | Adventure Kings Awening | Bright Blue Interior Lights | Engel 40lt | BT OB2II to Android Monitoring | Octane Tinting

Comment

• terence
              • Sep 2014
              • quambatook

I second the air bags, had them on my last 2 tow vehicles, couldn't be happier, levels the whole show out and makes towing a pleasure

Comment

• Crustypetee
                • May 2014
                • brisbane

I have upgraded from stock to an Ultimate Suspension package. I tow a off road camper with 180kg ball weight. It also has air bags to cover the additional "good things" I add to the rear of the car. The shocks have the valve adjustment to suit my needs and I have been very happy with it and the comfort in the vehicle. The only thing to resolve is tyre wear but the originals are up for replacement.
                2013 VR-X Diesel Charcoal, TJM Steel Bullbar, Towbar, Lightbar, 50mm Ultimate Suspension lift, Ecomate Forward Fold Off Road Camper Trailer

Comment

• Patriot
                  • Feb 2012
                  • Queensland

Thank you one and all for your helpful input.

I have now fitted Pedders Trackryder 2 inch lift springs with Trackryder foam cell shock absorbers and am very happy with the result. A totally different car to drive and such an improved ride. Incredible.
                  Again, thanks to all who replied

Alan

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X