• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CharlieDontSurf
    • Mar 2010
    • Melbourne

I believe SAVA RV are owned made by Dunlop
    2008 Red NS VRX diesel manual, rear diff lock, 6 airbags, rear air, ARB deluxe bar with fog lights, OME suspension lift,Red Arc Remote Head Brake controller, Reverse Camera, ASL automedia iphone cable, Bury system 8 hands free kit, Rola RBXL crossbars with Rhino SQR and Thule Proride bike racks, weird ass half Hayman Reece/half Mitsubishi towbar? Outback Sturt Camper Trailer

Comment

• Stoneman
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2012
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by pauld View Post
      My guess is that Michelin are leaning on them to stop selling to Australia so that Michelin (BFG) can control their over-pricing in Australia.
      Thats what i was thinking

275/65/18 BFG Quoted from ARB $529 + Fitting and Balance

Thank you but no thanks!
      NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• Geoff&MJ
        • Jan 2013
        • Perth

Yoko’s could I be paying too much?

Hi all, this is my first post so I’m hoping I’ve placed it in the right thread

I’ve been looking for a new set of tyres for my NS Pajero. I spend some time on gravel and sand but most 80% on road. After a lot of research I’ve decided on a set of Yoko’s (Geolandar A/T-S G012 265/65R18) so I’m not looking for suggested tyres as everyone has their favourites.
        My question is what should I be paying for them? So far I’ve been quoted between $405 & $415 in Perth WA, is this a good price or am I being ripped off!
        Last edited by Geoff&MJ; 10-01-13, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• wrexy
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2011
          • Bakers Hill, WA

Try Wayne at Commercial Tyres in Bayswater. Just quoted me $350 for 17" BFG T/A KO L/T load rating 117.
          MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
          Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
          http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

• Dejavou70
            • Mar 2013
            • Townsville

Has anyone looked at www.etyrestore.com.au ??? I am in need of new tyres for my NJ but have to keep the cost down as much as possible. I had a quick look from my phone earlier and they don't stock any brands I have heard of before.

Comment

• Flea
              • Aug 2013
              • Vic

Gday lads,

I know the thread is a little dated but still great info. I am considering the below for my NP, trying to get "the perfect tyre" is a waste of time but hey I've got time haha! Narrowed it all down to the below, anyone got experience on theirs/friend's trucks or some of the ones I've listed that aren't on this thread?

Trying to fing an A/T leaning towards slightly agressive (only so it has decent shoulders and the sidewall isn't bulging out like a balloon). At the end of the day they still need to brake on the black stuff in the wet & last a few k's! 3 ply construction would be ideal.

- BF Goodies T/A KO All terrain (good info on here re these)
              - Kumho KL78 & 825 (they look similar to above, any experience?)
              - General Grabber AT2
              - Dick Cepek FC-II (seem to be a great tyre and from same factory as Cooper & Mickey's I've been told)
              - " " (OR Fun Country, I'm getting different names re these. FC-II's seem less aggresive???)......
              - Bridgestone Dueler D697
              - Kelly Safari TSR

So far the Dick Cepek FC-II's, BF Goodies T/A KO's, General Grabber AT2's, and Kelly TSR's seem to be the ones to suit my requirements.

ALL INFO TAKEN ON BOARD!

Flea
              Last edited by Flea; 14-11-13, 07:47 PM. Reason: Dick Cepek Listing variance
              MY04 GLX Pajero, Airtech snorkel, dual batterie system, Narva 225's, Avenger 9500lb winch, Uniden UH7760 NB Compact & AE4018k2 6.5db aerial, Abber water tank in 3rd row seat cavity with water pump & sender, Best Offroad twin draw system with wings, 3x rear 12v outlets, 50mm Bilstein/Lovells suspension lift, BFG 265/75-16 A/T's, ARB winch bar with cabin operation, Windcheetah/Roadrunner 2.2 mtr aluminium roof rack, inverter....

Comment

• Nab
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Perth

I'm about to get some Maxxis 980, square-ish shoulder and open-ish for an AT. 3 ply side in 265/75/16, only 2 ply in 265/70/16.

I'll get back to you in a few months on how they go...

SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• grhyso
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Flea View Post
                  Gday lads,

I know the thread is a little dated but still great info. I am considering the below for my NP, trying to get "the perfect tyre" is a waste of time but hey I've got time haha! Narrowed it all down to the below, anyone got experience on theirs/friend's trucks or some of the ones I've listed that aren't on this thread?

Trying to fing an A/T leaning towards slightly agressive (only so it has decent shoulders and the sidewall isn't bulging out like a balloon). At the end of the day they still need to brake on the black stuff in the wet & last a few k's! 3 ply construction would be ideal.

- BF Goodies T/A KO All terrain (good info on here re these)
                  - Kumho KL78 & 825 (they look similar to above, any experience?)
                  - General Grabber AT2
                  - Dick Cepek FC-II (seem to be a great tyre and from same factory as Cooper & Mickey's I've been told)
                  - " " (OR Fun Country, I'm getting different names re these. FC-II's seem less aggresive???)......
                  - Bridgestone Dueler D697
                  - Kelly Safari TSR

So far the Dick Cepek FC-II's, BF Goodies T/A KO's, General Grabber AT2's, and Kelly TSR's seem to be the ones to suit my requirements.

ALL INFO TAKEN ON BOARD!

Flea
                  A lot depends on what size tyre you need but I'm looking for a 265/70R17 and the only ones on your list that have 3-ply sidewalls are the BFG's and the fun country's (but not the FC-II's). I have been told that BFG use a 1000 denier ply where as most other offroad tyres have a 1500 denier ply so the eventual thickness is the same. I think there's pros and cons to both but.

The only tyres in my size that are 3-ply are beyond my wallet or too aggressive for my day to day driving.

Edit- Also the Dick Cepek used to be a line of Mickey Thompson's, just the the atz is before they spun it off into it's own company. whether or not they still make them or the're made in the same factory I can't confirm nor deny.
                  2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Thomo238
                    • Apr 2009
                    • Perth

Originally posted by Geoff&MJ View Post
                    Hi all, this is my first post so I’m hoping I’ve placed it in the right thread

I’ve been looking for a new set of tyres for my NS Pajero. I spend some time on gravel and sand but most 80% on road. After a lot of research I’ve decided on a set of Yoko’s (Geolandar A/T-S G012 265/65R18) so I’m not looking for suggested tyres as everyone has their favourites.
                    My question is what should I be paying for them? So far I’ve been quoted between $405 & $415 in Perth WA, is this a good price or am I being ripped off!
                    Ripped off not the word in that price range you can buy a tired that will be so much better in quality as well as performance....
                    2011 NT RX 3.2DiD.ARB Winch Bar,Avenger 9500lb Winch,ARB Lockers,OME 2' Lifted Suspension,Poly Airs,58lt LRA Tank, Redarc Dual Battery Kit,Snorkel,Rock Sliders,GME UHF TX3340,265/70R17 MTZ's,Full Under Body Protection,48lt S/S Water Tank,HID Spot Lights,LED Light Bar,Custom Made Rear Draws,Diff Breathers,Diesel Smart Module,B&M Tranny Cooler,Dual Wheel Carrier,Rear,Camp Light,In Dash GPS,Coupler Tech,Tyre Monitors,Scan Gauge,3' Manta Exh,HPD InterCooler,RhinoRack etc

Comment

• littleriver
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • Queensland

Kmart - sometimes they have good deals
                      mycar stock over 1600 tyres from leading brands. One stop tyre shop for new tyres and tyre replacement, buy and book your new tyres online now.
                      2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• XXXceed
                        • Oct 2013
                        • Adelaide

Nab, interested to see what you think of the Maxxis 980's, it is one of the tyre sets i'm considering myself....
                        2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

• grobinson
                          • Jan 2010

Just came back from Bob Janes after trying to negotiate a warranty replacement for one Geolandar A/T with only 15,000 kms on it that "popped" a sidewall. I was doing a U-turn in a Fortitude Valley (central Brisbane) side street at about 5-10 kph and ran the front left up over the square kerb 'cos it was just easier at the time - and "pop".

Went through two sets of Geolandar A/T's on the last Paj for my city/beach/state forest needs that performed fine, lasted nearly 90,000kms per set. The manager at Bob Jane tells me that these same tyres are not designed to run over kerbs and that it was "driver error". Despite arguing that 4WD A/T tyres have to be better than that, it would seem that ANY sidewall failure is treated as driver error. I asked him if I should park the car out on the street because, to go in and out of my driveway, I've got to drive over the kerb. Either that or find somewhere different to live that has no kerbing!

I'll see what Yokohama have to say - but I don't hold much hope.

Grant

Comment

• TheTaipan
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2009
                            • sydney

Originally posted by grobinson View Post
                            Just came back from Bob Janes after trying to negotiate a warranty replacement for one Geolandar A/T with only 15,000 kms on it that "popped" a sidewall. I was doing a U-turn in a Fortitude Valley (central Brisbane) side street at about 5-10 kph and ran the front left up over the square kerb 'cos it was just easier at the time - and "pop".

Went through two sets of Geolandar A/T's on the last Paj for my city/beach/state forest needs that performed fine, lasted nearly 90,000kms per set. The manager at Bob Jane tells me that these same tyres are not designed to run over kerbs and that it was "driver error". Despite arguing that 4WD A/T tyres have to be better than that, it would seem that ANY sidewall failure is treated as driver error. I asked him if I should park the car out on the street because, to go in and out of my driveway, I've got to drive over the kerb. Either that or find somewhere different to live that has no kerbing!

I'll see what Yokohama have to say - but I don't hold much hope.

Grant

I would say you have no hope as Bob Jane grey imports a number of tyre brands, Yokohama and Maxxis included therefore it has SFA to do with the Yokohama importer here in OZ.

The genuine Yokohama warranty is fantastic.

If you weren't given the written Yokohama warranty when you purchased the tyres than you are

I refuse to walk into a Bob Jane store.

Comment

• grobinson
                              • Jan 2010

Thanks Taipan - Interesting to know!

When I ordered the Pajero I said I wanted the Geolandar A/T's instead of the standard H/T tyres. The Mitsubishi dealership got Bob Jane to do the swap over, not me. After the tyre went "pop", I took the vehicle back to the dealer. They promptly told me it was a "tyre manufacturer" issue and to get it looked at by the tyres' supplier. Hence the trip to Bob Jane.

No word from Yokohama as yet but it's still early days.

Grant

Comment

• nj swb
                                Resident
                                • Jun 2007
                                • Adelaide

Originally posted by TheTaipan View Post
                                I refuse to walk into a Bob Jane store.
                                x2.
                                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X