• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hinsch
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Perth

Radio PIN code

If you disconnect the battery does the NX need a pin code for the radio, I cannot find any info so I am guessing NO as there is no code provided by MM when I bought the car.
    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by hinsch View Post
    If you disconnect the battery does the NX need a pin code for the radio, I cannot find any info so I am guessing NO as there is no code provided by MM when I bought the car.

Not requited mate. Will have to reset radio channels I think.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2013
      • Sydney

I don't think even that is required. Maybe after an extended disconnect but I've had the battery off overnight without any need to reset anything with the MMCS.
      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

Radio PIN code

I think radio pin codes are a thing of the past from back when no-goods would break in to rip out a good head unit and flog it for good money as they were fairly rare at the time. Also from round the same era as the detachable head unit faceplate so you’d take the face plate with you in a little plastic case so it wasn’t as attractive a steal. Now head units are far more integrated in the dash and therefore a much more time consuming steal, they have moved onto flogging other things so pin codes are obsolete.

Could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Keithyv
          Valued Member
          • May 2018
          • Perth

Back in the 90's I had a CD player with detachable front. Didn't stop some scum-bag stealing the unit anyway, minus the front that I had with me!!!
          2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
          MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Danno47
            • Jul 2018
            • Townsville

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
            Back in the 90's I had a CD player with detachable front. Didn't stop some scum-bag stealing the unit anyway, minus the front that I had with me!!!

The usual thing to do back in those days if they broke in and the faceplate wasn't under the seat or in the glove box etc.. was to put a screwdriver through the contacts on the stereo....mongrels.

Comment

• hinsch
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2010
              • Perth

My first car HQ holden had an eight tracker, those were the days fill the glove box with the eight track cassettes, that would be three or four to fill the glove box. Reel to reel sitting proudly in the lounge room as well.
              NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X