X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilo
    • Feb 2008

changing coolant

My paj has the Mitsubishi blue longlife coolant. The car is six years old so I had better replace it. The car has only got 25000ks on clock. I am looking for a replacement longlife coolant that is compatible with the Mitsubishi coolant. Mitsubishi coolant is too expensive for me being a retired old fart so trying to watch the pennies.
    NW diesel auto
  • gazza11
    • Aug 2017
    • Medowie NSW

I used Penrite 7 year Long Life Coolant Concentrate. I flushed quite a few times. Added the concentrate then filled up with mineral water. Bought from Supercheap when on special. It's an easy job with the drain plug in bottom of radiator. I drained the radiator, flushed with tap water, then with mineral water twice, then drained, added 5lt coolant, topped up with mineral water. I bought the mineral water from Coles. I'm an Old fart too, and money saved here can be used else where!
    Cheers.
    NT Pajero Exceed-factory tow bar and nudge bar-Provent 200 catch can-Michelin LTX Force tyres-DBA slotted front rotors-Bendix 4x4 Pads-Sheep Skin front seat covers.

Comment

• Kimmy
      • Aug 2014
      • Adelaide

The original coolant is green colour for my NT Pajero. I’ve checked Penrite website they recommend 8 year coolant concentrate Red colour, is it doesn’t matter red or green colour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• gazza11
        • Aug 2017
        • Medowie NSW

Changing Coolant

The 7 year one I used was green.
        Cheers.

2009 Nt Pajero Exceed
        NT Pajero Exceed-factory tow bar and nudge bar-Provent 200 catch can-Michelin LTX Force tyres-DBA slotted front rotors-Bendix 4x4 Pads-Sheep Skin front seat covers.

Comment

• neilo
          • Feb 2008

Mitsubishi blue coolant MZ313950
          NW diesel auto

Comment

• Kimmy
            • Aug 2014
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by gazza11 View Post
            The 7 year one I used was green.

Cheers.

2009 Nt Pajero Exceed

Did you change the thermostat and radiator cap as well on that time?

Cheer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• gazza11
              • Aug 2017
              • Medowie NSW

Hi, No I didn't change the thermostat or Radiator cap. I didn't have any issues with temperature. I did a Coolant change as it was due in time and was previously done by the Dealer, so nothing special used. I don't do many K's, just turned 67K's, so time is the issue with me.
              Cheers

2009 NT Pajero Exceed

Comment

• rykiel575
                • Sep 2017
                • Sydney

Gazza i hope you mean demineralised instead of mineral water.

I also settled on the penrite as it was the only one that was amine, silicate, borate, phosphate, and nitrate free. The nulon alternative was close but it had one of the other ingredients.

I only got my NW last week but ive ordered genuine top and bottom hoses, thermostat, gates water pump, and dayco belts and idler pulley.

Something extra you can do to get a further flush is to get the heater hoses which are around the area of the oil filter. Simply disconnect and put a garden hose in all 4 ends until it runs clear.
                2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• gazza11
                  • Aug 2017
                  • Medowie NSW

Hi rykiel575, Yes i used demineralised water, (used to the Scotch) , thanks for correcting my mistake. My Pajero is an Exceed, if it makes any difference, with climate control, so I ran the motor for a few times between flushes and altered the temperature settings. All seems good, I did it about 3yrs ago and have no dramas. Also I notice that some of the different coloured Coolants are not compatible, so best to keep with what was used originally. Mine was green.
                  Cheers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X