• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tazmansa
    • Sep 2018
    • adelaide

surging

I have a 2017 QE Pajero Sport Exceed and am having small issues with surging( I think this is the right terms) when stopped at lights. It does not happen on a regular basis, it can happen when hot or cold. Twice now it has happen so forcefully that i thought that i might have been hit in the rear. I have had it back to the dealer and of course they say that it did not happen to them. Can any one give me any clues.
  • Ruwan
    • Mar 2018
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by tazmansa View Post
    I have a 2017 QE Pajero Sport Exceed and am having small issues with surging( I think this is the right terms) when stopped at lights. It does not happen on a regular basis, it can happen when hot or cold. Twice now it has happen so forcefully that i thought that i might have been hit in the rear. I have had it back to the dealer and of course they say that it did not happen to them. Can any one give me any clues.
    Hi,

It has happened to me as well. From my memory when in 4H at low speeds (crawling at traffic lights).
    Yes you are correct. The dealer said they could notice when they did the road test and its normal. Anything happens should be covered by the warranty?

Never happened in 2H though.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

could it possibly be doing a DPF burn ?

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
        • Mar 2018
        • Western Australia

Could be a problem with engine management or the auto transmission.
        Does the rev counter 'surge' also, or does it show idle revs (700 rpm)? If the revs surge it could be an engine problem.
        Otherwise, could be a problem with the controlled slip (lockup) clutch in the torque converter.
        Most modern transmissions have a controlled slip clutch that improves fuel economy by providing a direct drive through the torque converter. Operation of this clutch is critical on the type of ATF used. Wrong fluid either lets the clutch slip too much or lock up too early. Both scenarios cause surging and judder.
        Has the fluid ever been replaced? And if so was it the correct type? Is the level OK? (can only be checked with a service computer).

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X