• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert S
    • Jul 2017
    • Newlands Arm Vic

Robert S

Hi All.
    After my recent 15000 service I fitted a HPD catch can to my GLS. Three months later I decided to check its contents,along with oil sludge I found an amount of water (not coolant). Question, Why and where from? Hoping for some answers. Thanks
  • NJV6
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • New Zealand

It’s condensation and perfectly normal.
    1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
    1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
    2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by NJV6 View Post
      It’s condensation and perfectly normal.

Agree..
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Robert S
        • Jul 2017
        • Newlands Arm Vic

Robert S

Hi Again,
        Thanks for prompt reply NVJ6 & Dicko1 much appreciated. That's a load off my mind.

Thanks once again

Comment

• Claybuster
          • Nov 2017
          • Morphett Vale

Where does the hpd catch can mount and is it easy to get to so you can unscrew the bottom canister to empty it ?

Comment

• Whitehorse
            • Feb 2018
            • Wollongong

If you purchase one from Western filters it comes with a bracket that fits using pre-existing bolts. A hose with a small brass tap runs off the bottom and is zip tied to the chassis rail near the front wheel. Very easy install and easy to empty.

Comment

• orthodoxs
              • Mar 2018
              • Darwin

The western filters custom provent 200 kit for the PS has a custom bracket clamp, Replacement reinforced hoses and clamps, drain hose with valve and end cap. My kit didnt have a rubber washer inside the end cap and the valve opened up after some time, due to vibration resulting in the collected dirty oil emptying on the front arm and tyre.
              Now i have applied a rubber washer and also holding the valve closed with a hairband.. Hope it settles the leak.
              The kit actually works very well, does what it says, catching lots of black shitty oil. I cant tell for sure if it can prevent manifold fouling in the long run. I have fixed it thinking it can do no harm and seems to be working well so far. Has anybody taken the PS for service with Catch can fixed? Do MM service object to the catch can install, in regards to guarantee, general pessimisim etc.
              Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X