Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Will 16inch Pajero mag rims fit Gen 1 Pajero ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old dave
    • Nov 2010
    • Adelaide

Will 16inch Pajero mag rims fit Gen 1 Pajero ?

Have 1989 wide body v6 wagon running weird non factory mags with 31x10.5 x30 tyres. Is a Japanese import..hence rims.
    Rims have seen better days and two tyres likewise. Wondering if I could I fit 16 inch factory alloy rims ....as 5 are available with good tyres.
    Cheers, Dave
    12/88 NF SWB Turbo Diesel
    7/89 NG Super Exceed V6
  • pharb
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Tyers,Vic

What size are the tyres on the 16" rims?
    PCOV Member 1107.
    Daily driver NX GLX
    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• Konfused Pete
      • Sep 2016
      • Brisbane

the Japanese widebody had 15x7 alloys with a +10 offset.
      Tyre sizes on this wheel from factory should have been either of:
      31x10.5R15 and 265/70R15. you can double check that size - there should be a tyre placard in the glovebox! If a different size is listed, please post it!

wheel wise, it depends on which 16s you want. If it's gen 2 wheels, they will have a +10 offset as well so will fit well with the right size tyres.

if they are gen 1 16s you're looking at, they will have a +20 offset and are only 6" wide so will not take as big a tyre (205R16 from factory).

Comment

• old dave
        • Nov 2010
        • Adelaide

Thanks for the advice and information all....

The 5 available rims and tyres were listed on Gumtree some 300 kms distant from my location and I guess I cooled off on the idea of a 600km round trip that may have had an uncertain ending.

The wheels appeared to be circa 2007 onwards..not certain. just listed as Pajero. Very conservative looking with the 3 diamond logo in the centre...didn't appear to be overly wide. At $300 the lot with rubber, very tempting.

I got a price on a new pair of Coopers AT3's... and will just go along that road @ $270 ea

Sorry, my tyres are 31x10.5x50R15LT.... the spare is the original factory rim ( mag) and the aftermarket ones fitted to it are the same size. I couldn't find a rim size id in the glove box or anywhere else but plenty of japanese service stickers/ warning info..including a mysterious switch and label( with red characters) on the lower steering column... possibly the ejector seat so I'm not touching it.

I used my short wheel base outback a lot and 15" rims were by far and away the biggest weakness as it found gutters hard work and would fall into them where a landcruiser would easily roll straight over ... made for extra work for the paj and rougher ride for the occupants.
        12/88 NF SWB Turbo Diesel
        7/89 NG Super Exceed V6

Comment

• pharb
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Tyers,Vic

2007 model would be Gen 3 or 4 model. These utilise unitised hubs which are much smaller in diameter where the wheel attaches, as such the wheels use a lot smaller centre hole. As such Gen 3 or 4 wheels won't fit on Gen 1 or 2 hubs regardless of off set.

Gen 1 and 2 will potentially fit on newer models, dependant on brake size and off set.

Gen 1 and 2 front hubs are relatively large. I have tried Prado and Hilux rims. Both were a few mm to small in the centre hole to fit over front hubs on my older Gen 1 and 2 Pajeros, and equivalent age Tritons.
          PCOV Member 1107.
          Daily driver NX GLX
          Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
          Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
          Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X