• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkwpajero
    • Jun 2008
    • Young, NSW

Number three

Last September I purchased what was essentially a standard 2014 VRX with a factory bullbar and towbar. It has been undergoing a few mods so far:

Taipan XP Exhaust, Provent kit, Wet seat covers for the front seats, Sandgrabba Front and rear mats, Bushskinz intercooler guard, Boo's Bash Plates sump and rear guards, Munji EGR module
    Headlight protectors, Weather shields, Scangauge 2, Rear seat battery tray and Ctek DC/DC charger, Off Road Systems storage platform, Lightbar and upgraded headlight globes, UHF.

Next month it is Bisteins/Lovells/Firestone HD airbags. Then some time to let my wallet heal. The attached pic shows all three Pajeros to have graced our driveway and my wife and I have had fantastic times with the first two, with an 1HDT auto 80 Series Landcruiser in the mix as well. In my old age I need a bit of luxury so I am happy with Pajero number three.

James
    Attached Files
    2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.
  • Hatto
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Mandurah WA

Got a good list of mods there.
    That's a clean looking 80 series
    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Car's look awesomeness ... next step Rooystems Ecu Remap

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• jkwpajero
        • Jun 2008
        • Young, NSW

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
        Got a good list of mods there.
        That's a clean looking 80 series
        I loved that 80 Series and jeez it took us to some remote places. It now happily resides in Townsville with an Army medic who is an Afghanistan veteran. Due to a shoulder injury my wife and I decided to up grade to something more modern and the Pajero was a clean slate to work on and is just a really nice touring vehicle.

James
        2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• jkwpajero
          • Jun 2008
          • Young, NSW

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
          Car's look awesomeness ... next step Rooystems Ecu Remap

No remaps required as it goes pretty well as is. There is a Golf GTI in the driveway, with an ECU remap, as a fun car.

James

Comment

• jkwpajero
            • Jun 2008
            • Young, NSW

Lovells/Bilstein/Firestone airbags now fitted. I think it is finished now.

James
            Attached Files

Comment

• Hatto
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2013
              • Mandurah WA

If you're like me it'll never be finished!
              Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
              ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• CaptJimmy
                • Dec 2017
                • Kariong, NSW

Originally posted by jkwpajero View Post
                Lovells/Bilstein/Firestone airbags now fitted. I think it is finished now.

James
                This is the setup i'm looking for with mine.
                Which rating did you get? Happy with everything?

Cheers

Comment

• jkwpajero
                  • Jun 2008
                  • Young, NSW

These are the Lovells part numbers and ratings. Firestone airbags with Kevlar sleeves for towing.

Front: CFR-90HD 815 lbs/inch 369KG
                  Rear: CRR-91HD 869 lbs/inch 394 kg

The ride is firmer but very controlled now. I have been riding in the back seat due to having recent surgery and I have found it quite comfortable as a rear seat passenger. All in all a very good suspension combination. The lift is about 45mm in front and 50mm in the rear over stock heights. Mine had sagged so it was higher over stock. Wheel alignment is within specs and there was no issues with fitting and aligning.

James

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X