• Show
Clear All
  • Georgie
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2013
    • Secret Harbour WA

Be Aware of Saddle Bags

Hi all
    Having just returned from 15 days in the bush mainly on dirt roads and station tracks I have found that the Saddle bags that I had made in Bali which are the same as other forum members are using have left scratch marks on the spare wheel cover and near the door handle this could be due to dust factors and also dust mixed with rain or the straps not being tight enough or a combination of all of the above unlike the vinyl bags that I originally had made and put photos up on the forum there is no soft felt or lining on the rear of the bags so be aware that they may scratch your pride and joy
    Cheers
    Georgie
    2015 Sahara
    Black Mica in colour
    BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

G'dy Georgie,

That's strange, I had mine on for 5 days and a couple of thousand km's and no marks that I can see. Might be worth stitching/sticking a bit of foam or similar on?
    My Backdoor etc is already covered in stone chips from towing a camper early on in the piece with no stone guards.
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Hatto
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Mandurah WA

Thanks for the heads up
      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Georgie
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2013
        • Secret Harbour WA

I think it may have some thing to do with dust and water mixing together maybe causing an abrasive paste any way I will see if I can polish the scratches out
        Cheers
        Georgie
        2015 Sahara
        Black Mica in colour
        BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X