Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 1 Week Ago

^^^^^ I believe this is exactly what my rear Lovells are doing. Any sharp bump and they squeak. I replaced the upper and lower spring insulators with the PolyTuff items on the weekend and I could clearly see the chaffing of the spring tops on the suspension upper steel work. Sadly the new insulators have made no improvement to the squeaking. Bugger! Has raised the rear of the car approx. 10mm though. My OEM bottom insulators were shot.

Benny
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, Provent catch can, EGR disabled, 2 micron secondary Fuel Manager filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB, Kings throttle controller and Scangauge II.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTBenny View Post
^^^^^ I believe this is exactly what my rear Lovells are doing. Any sharp bump and they squeak. I replaced the upper and lower spring insulators with the PolyTuff items on the weekend and I could clearly see the chaffing of the spring tops on the suspension upper steel work. Sadly the new insulators have made no improvement to the squeaking. Bugger! Has raised the rear of the car approx. 10mm though. My OEM bottom insulators were shot.

Benny
I bet itís the handbrake shoe squeaking. Itís not an uncommon issue for Gen 4 Pajs

rear locker | ARB bullbar | dual battery | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | HID Hella spotties | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | BFG AT's (on 17" NT rims) | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 1 Week Ago

Hmmm that's a thought. Might have to take a look at them. Squeaking did seem to start after I installed the springs though.

For those looking to replace their rear spring insulators the PolyTuff part numbers are MC0147K (Upper) and MC0148K (Lower). They are thicker than the OEM units and look like they should last. Time will tell though.

http://www.polytuff.com.au/#

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, Provent catch can, EGR disabled, 2 micron secondary Fuel Manager filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB, Kings throttle controller and Scangauge II.

Last edited by NTBenny; 1 Week Ago at 08:21 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTBenny View Post
Hmmm that's a thought. Might have to take a look at them. Squeaking did seem to start after I installed the springs though.

For those looking to replace their rear spring insulators the PolyTuff part numbers are MC0147K (Upper) and MC0148K (Lower). They are thicker than the OEM units and look like they should last. Time will tell though.

http://www.polytuff.com.au/#

Benny.
Find a section of road where the squeak is repeatable, and drive it while putting some pressure on the handbrake (enough to provide some resistance and thus remove the free play from the handbrake shoes).

If the squeak stops, it will confirm itís the handbrake shoes.

rear locker | ARB bullbar | dual battery | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | HID Hella spotties | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | BFG AT's (on 17" NT rims) | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks very much for the tip, I will try that.

Benny.