Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Triton

Triton Covering all models.

Old 11-11-18
Valued Member

Spotted this this morning.

https://youtu.be/1KlLaXF5WU4

1953 Morris Minor ute
1990 Nissan Scargo van
2008 Mercedes e280 CDI sport
2003 Ford Transit
Old 20-12-18

I took a GLX for a drive and must say the new 6 speed is much better than the 5. It or the "new tune" seems to have helped a lot with the turbo lag. Power levels seem the same.

Passenger seat shakes have not been fixed, still wobbly. Suspension feels a little more sorted and less fidgety. Build quilty overall does not seem to have improved.

I was considering trading up from my MQ GLS, but with all the changes - it really doesn't seem much of an improvement.

You still need to buy the GLS + (formally the exceed) to get a diff lock!!

I'm told for the first 6 months* the triton will come with a 7-year 150k warranty which is a big win - but the servicing cost is likely to increase.
Old 10-02-19

Spent half an hour at the local Mitsy dealer yesterday having a look at the GLS and GLS +. They are are really good looking ute. Out of the current crop of dual cabs, I reckon these are right up there if you were buying on looks alone. Inside was nice. Can't justify one being in the driveway unfortunately. Got a modded current model Paj so don't really need 2 4x4s. I did mention to Wifey that it would be great for taking the 3 race bikes to bmx with a rack across the tub instead of using the Paj and her Mazda when we all train together. She agreed, but she wouldn't agree to outlaying more cash for another car as we'd only got her new Mazda 18 months ago. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I can't even sneak the Mazda down and trade it in as I put it in her name when we got it. I wonder if I can forge her signature...........hmmmmmm.
Cheers, Mike.
My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!