Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

The Ultimate Caver Trailer

Well, the deal is done tonight.

First pics:

Lots of mods to do. First up, cutting a hole in the fiberglass to fit the evakool Arrgh!
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • amr75wcr
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Sunny Coast

That is very flash, nice one
    Wayne
    04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• Gus
      Administrator
      • Mar 2008
      • Traralgon. Vic

Congrats on the purchase.. looks great.
      VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
      NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• BrisVegas
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2009
        • Townsville, QLD

Those things look like a space ship! Almost like an oversize Thule luggage box for the roofracks. I bet it tows nicely though, given the aero shape.

Congrats!
        'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

I couldn't believe how smooth it towed on the way home last night. That said, it was empty with only about 30Kg ball weight. Will let you know once its loaded and gets its maiden voyage.

Oh and it has a rhino trackmount on the roof. I think bars will be fitted to carry a tinnie or basket for some trips.
          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• wrexy
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2011
            • Bakers Hill, WA

Looks great, bet you feel pretty good.
            MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
            Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
            http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Originally posted by wrexy View Post
              Looks great, bet you feel pretty good.
              I do, until I look at my bank balance Better get some use out of this one.

My Journeys

Comment

• AJC
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2009
                • ACT

Good stuff Caver; they are a top notch CT. Has it got the add a room that hangs below for the littlies and the front awning? Will you change over hubs and put the Paj rims onto it from the home made jobbie?
                Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• achjimmy
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • Blue Mtns

Shane great looking CT. They look very quick to setup up. Please post more photos when you can.
                  Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
                  MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
                  99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

No extra room Al. Not sure it will be of benefit atm anyway. Not planning on changing the hubs, they must be 2.5T axles on there and it will be an exe job to pull them back to slimline 1.5T axles and modified hubs.

Please post more photos when you can.
                    Will do Jim. But first, some mods to be done:

Perform some surgery to fit the FM70 fridge. (any tips on cutting fiberglass?)

Then twin 100 agm's and distribution

followed by stone stomper.

Mods after that will be done once I get to live in it a bit. Will post pics as it grows.

My Journeys

Comment

• Terryo
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

Hi Shane,

I am looking to buy one of these. First thing to do was search here to see if any one has one.

So now you have got yours is there anything you know now you wished you had known before you bought yours?

I have an NP DiD Auto, couldn't find a manual at the time. Have read these campers need hight adjustment to tow level on the Paj. In the photo yours looks like the tow bar has been cut and welded under the Aframe is that the case. Also mine still has standard suspension but need the Lovell and Bistien treatment which it is going to get soon. Is that going to make much of a difference to any modifications that need to be done?

Might soon be a fellow Ultimate owner.

Terry
                      2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
                      NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
                      NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Originally posted by Terryo View Post
                        Hi Shane,

I am looking to buy one of these. First thing to do was search here to see if any one has one.

So now you have got yours is there anything you know now you wished you had known before you bought yours?

I have an NP DiD Auto, couldn't find a manual at the time. Have read these campers need hight adjustment to tow level on the Paj. In the photo yours looks like the tow bar has been cut and welded under the Aframe is that the case. Also mine still has standard suspension but need the Lovell and Bistien treatment which it is going to get soon. Is that going to make much of a difference to any modifications that need to be done?

Might soon be a fellow Ultimate owner.

Terry
                        Hi Terry, a bit hard to tell yet as I need a shakedown trip to tell you these points. Will be on my maiden voyage end of month, so I'll let you know what I find. Lots to do in the mean time, 2 x 100agm's and distribution system to fit and a large modification to fit my fridge before month end. Its going to be tight to get it done in time.

As for the aframe, that's how they come from factory. One thing I would suggest is getting the swing up jockey wheel. I mean who uses a clamp type one these days anyway. Also noted the wiring is very thin IMO (10 or 12 Ga), so I wouldn't run a lot of voltage dependant devices off the sockets.

Shane.

My Journeys

Comment

• GHendo
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2012
                          • Northern NSW

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                          any tips on cutting fiberglass
                          Use a diamond disk on your angle grinder and WEAR A BLOODY MASK!! You might need to reinforce where you cut it - pop rivit some aluminium or something like that - depends where it is.

Geoff
                          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Thanks geoff, that was my plan. My plan was also to have it done this weekend...lost a day selling the old CT then called into work today. The best laid plans always go astray

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

Finally, a chance to get something done. 2 x 100 agm's, inline monitor, redarc bcdc1240 charger, 6 pot fuse box for distribution and an anderson for charging/solar.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X